Hiding firearms in your underwear area

If worn properly, the gun doesnt normally point at any point on your body. Its not like carrying a gun IWB due to the position of the gun. When you sit, the gun follows the direction of your thighs, and doesnt point into them. Its not likely to shoot your "junk" either, as the barrel is below it.

I have carried a lot with one and highly recommend a very safe handgun with a long hard first trigger pull and/or a very good safety,,,I carried a Walther PPK.

The holster in front goes between your underwear and your pants with your shirt tucked underneath the holster,,, in back tuck your shirt over the waist band as it can ride up and show above your pants. The handle of the gun can print wear loose or pleated pants.

Actually Smartcarry is a knock off of Thunderwear,,,I was working on a similar holster when I saw an ad in a magazine for one so I called Tom in Satellite Beach, Florida,,,he had the patent and contracted a local swimwear factory to make the holsters for him,,,he collected the orders and the money had the holsters made paid the company and shipped them out to his customers. His ex friend Charlie took his patent and eliminated the ribbon strap across the top seam of the holster claiming the gun would snag there and patented his Smartcarry holster same holster just minus one top ribbon strap over the top seam of holster.

This is perfectly legal by the way,,,if you patent anything make it as simple or stripped down as possible,,,someone else can take your idea and add to it which is not legal,,,but if they subtract or delete from it,,, that is legal to patent.

For years Tom did all the magazine advertising but Charlie was much better on the internet and then Tom sold his company to relatives and now I believe Smartcarry has the most sales. An interesting holster system I own two or three in my huge box of different holsters I have tried over the years.

I wouldn't recommend a SmartCarry for a pistol like a Kahr with its trigger and no safety. I would never recommend a SmartCarry for any 1911, regardless of weight, length or cartridge, in Condition 1.

Is there any woman that use these with and success? seams like it would be hard to conceal... but I am always keeping my eye out for new options.

Smart Carry

I think a lot depends on how you're built and what you're carrying. Most of us have gained a bit of weight since we last bought clothes and I'll bet that if we're honest with outselves, our pants are a bit tight. Add a gun to the mix and we may have some discomfort. Looser clothing increases comfort and reduces printing.

While on the subject of undergarment holsters, I happen to like the 511 Tactical Series T-shirt with built-in holster pockets. They work great with Kahrs and similar striker-fired handguns.

While I'm done fathering little rug-rats, you younger guys just starting out must make sure you don't accidentally take yourselves out of the gene pool.

I've had a smart carry for a while now and although I don't use it often it does have a niche. I normally carry a glock 26 or 19 iwb in a crossbreed. But if I'm off work or just relaxing in sweats or gym shorts its easy to throw on a smart carry around the house or for an errand with the glock 26. Lose gym shorts and sweat pants printing doesn't really happen at all so thats not an issue, plus if you wear it right you completely forget about the gun, it's a very comfortable holster. I carry cocked with one in the pipe at all times as well, there's no safety issue unless you draw, the material of the smartcarry makes it nearly impossible to pull the trigger with the gun holstered, when I got it I tried several methods (unloaded of course) of pulling the trigger when holstered and I simply could not do it. It's a safe system.
Also for working out or sporting activities where pocket carry or iwb is not feasible I drop my LCP in my smart carry and I'm good to go.
I highly recommend it.

The Defender

I've been using this for over 10 years. It's convenient and quick to put on and take off and hides my little 2" Smith M37 so well that you almost forget it's there. I've also carried a 4" M629 there too. Hides well on me, but it's a bit uncomfortable carrying something that large after awhile.

http://www.activeprogear.com/defender.html

I carried a 2.5" Bulldog at the beach in a belly band wearing shorts and no shirt. But I live in Colorado now so the bellyband lays in the drawer.

I don't understand why a civvie needs deep concealment.

Nothing that goes bang and belches fire and smoke will be carried
next to the "package". What's wrong with a holster?

Back