Hickok45 and ads

It really isn't Youtube's fault. Remember Hickock45 is allowing it to happen in exchange for $. So he is definitely a part of the problem as is anyone who monetizes their channel.
I suppose YouTube could make it a subscription service like premium cable TV channels and do away with commercials.

YouTube channels are replacing certain TV shows and DVDs and a price has to be paid for a service. If not with money (such as subscribing to a TV provider or buying a DVD), the cost is our time by sitting through an ad. That is the accepted system by which a content provider continues making content for us.

If your time is more valuable than your money, I believe paying for the YouTube Red service removes any ads.

AdBlock does work but the content creator will not get ad revenue so something to keep in mind if you do want to support the channel.

Without monetized channels, YouTube wouldn't exist. ...And you wouldn't be able to share your hog and predator videos.

Be that as it may, Youtube allows channel to be monetized or not by the people running the channels. So it is still Hickock45's choice to monetize his channel and make money off of it. Right? So blaming Youtube for there being ads on his channel isn't completely kosher. HE made that choice. Youtube did not force him to monetize his channel.

I made the choice not to do so on my channel because the ads are so darned annoying...as noted by several posts here.

Back