Hi-Power clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyers may bring up the removal of safety devices. You must be prepared to defend your decision. I have 3 Browning HP's and the mag disconnector hs been removed from all of them. I do not deactivate the grip safeties on a 1911 but I know people who do and are quite prepared to argue their position in court should the need arise. Do what you want, but understand that you will need to justify your actions and choices.

Hi Jeff OTMG,

I suggest you attend a few real trials; they are (usually) open to the public. Then tell us how the defendants got to go into lengthy detail about their justifications.

Jim

Jim Keenan,

How many court cases? Are they: First hand knowledge? Hear say? Articles from gun mags? Articles from newspapers?

Now I know people get railroaded all the time by the CJ system (two cops in Michigan come to mind). But this really seems like one of those old wives tales (or gun rag tales).

[This message has been edited by Prichard (edited July 18, 1999).]

Pritchard,

Maybe some of these have not happened - yet. But if you do kill someone and end up on trial, do you think it makes points for you that you have used your own home brewed hollow points, modified your gun to go off easier, and removed safety devices?

Jim

I honestly do not think that it will if the case is a clear self-defence case. At least not in my location of the USA. This line of thought just about goes against hollow points, changing over from stock grips, dehorning, getting a CHL in the first place, training, practice, etc. I really think that it is mainly gun rag bs.

I'd love to see the actual cases and see the whole story (assuming it was an actual case). Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't trust gun rag authors, be they Ayoob, Taylor, Kokalis, etc. And I am suspicous of Old Wives' Tales.

FWIW I use a SW642, without any work done to it (besides dry firing and shooting it as much as possible), and I shoot ball (I know, I know :o ). So I guess that I'm safe :) .

I have yet to see one case that I can look up where the mods to a gun were an issue execpt for FULL AUTO, and If some twit DA tries the Exesive Leathl Force argumnet in Texas I belive the counter would be. Just how much leatal force am I allowed? Would a stock pistol make him less DEAD ? Oh so if i used golden saber instead of my HBWC I would be a OK ? Come on guys if you can give give me a 'controlling leagal authority' that mods or ammo choice was a real factor I will come over to you side but until them my 38S&W will still eat MY loads for it. (not I dont carry it but if push came to shove and I got to it first I would.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back