hey there guys and gals new to forum any help?

I looked up YouTube and as I was trying to disassemble there a part where after you take out the spring your supposed to turn it counterclockwise but it doesn't go all the way, that's where I stopped put it back together and left it alone it's a collectors so I didn't wanna take a hammer and flat head to it

On ammo:

If you are looking at good priced ammo, you will likely be tempted by two types of ammo: steel cased and remanufactured (reloaded). I recommend you stay away from both of these. Steel cased ammunition can be hard on gun parts, contain less than stellar components, and is often coated in a lacquer or other preservative that can cause some gumminess. Remanufactured ammunition is once fired brass that is reloaded by a company and sold as new ammunition. Both have their place and plenty of people use both of them with great results (I have a gun that only shoots steel ammo and the others never see it) but I recommend you stay away from both until you understand what they are and the risks and rewards of using them. Until then, stay with reputable brass ammo from companies like Winchester and Federal.

If you are going to be out on the range a lot, make sure you have a good pair of impact resistant eyewear and you will find an investment in electronic hearing protection to be very rewarding.

Since you value your guns in collector's condition, you should consider getting a good gunsmith screwdriver's kit as well as a punch set that comes with a soft hammer (plastic and brass head). These will help you with the disassembly you're talking about without marring up your firearm.

Holy moly! What a way to start into the hobby.

Welcome to the hobby.

The questions you ask require a lifetime to answer. Often times, the answers are debatable; however, that's part of the fun.

For example, you would think the question, 'how often should you clean a firearm is a straightforward question'. Nope. There's a thread right now about this very question, with the lazy people saying it's ok to never clean, the obsessive people saying to clean everytime after a session, and the millenials saying clean whenever. Haha.

Oh, and if you should ever cross over into the NFA world, remember...it's a silencer, not a suppressor.

Back