• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Hey TFL Gods.. How about this Off Topic

I don't think anything is off topic in an open forum page, If you don't like the topic the last I checked you don’t have to answer it. If you don’t think you can answer it with a professional opinion then you don’t belong on any forum. If you can’t act appropriately or professionally then again you don’t belong on any forum.

A topic is a topic and I guess we need approval before we start topics.

We got another big brother, this one tells us what we can and can’t say.

Originally posted by bci4usa:
I don't think anything is off topic in an open forum page, If you don't like the topic the last I checked you don’t have to answer it. If you don’t think you can answer it with a professional opinion then you don’t belong on any forum. If you can’t act appropriately or professionally then again you don’t belong on any forum.

I don't think anything is off topic in an open forum page, ... There is no open forum page on TFL.

If you don’t think you can answer it with a professional opinion then you don’t belong on any forum. We don't all have professional opinions to give.

A topic is a topic and I guess we need approval before we start topics. All you really need to do is read the forum page that contains the list of fora and their permitted subject matter.

We got another big brother, this one tells us what we can and can’t say. That sounds like the cue for a member of the staff to point out that on this bulletin board you are on personal property. Just as if you were in someone's living room, there is a standard of behavior that is acceptable. Speech (in this case, written matter) on this bulletin board will comply with those standards as well as we, the staff, can enforce, but more importantly you, the members, voluntarily abide. The membership sets the tone of this bulletin board. If that tone and the standard of conduct remains high, all the staff can do is keep hands off or spoil it. But if you came here to complain about censorship, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I don't think anything is off topic in an open forum page, If you don't like the topic the last I checked you don’t have to answer it.

TFL isn't an open forum. It's a forum dedicated to firearms and the ownership of same.

If you don’t think you can answer it with a professional opinion then you don’t belong on any forum.

Afully elitist of you, don't you think?

If you can’t act appropriately or professionally then again you don’t belong on any forum.

Indeed, and it is neither approriate, nor professional to enter private property and then gripe about the rules posted by the owner of that property.

No need, just follow the rules you agreed to when you joined.

Big Brother was an invention of George Orwell referring to an out-of-control government. Rich Lucibella is neither a government, nor out-of-control.

I trust this answers your questions and clarifies matters for you.

LawDog

Hey TFL Gods

Lawdog, I couldn't agree more. I would expect that if I posted "Non-appropriate" material to be booted. This is a Firearms forum, not an open forum. Use of profanity is unprofessional, off topic postings do confuse the issue. :) :)

Code:
Quote:
I don't think anything is off topic in an open forum page, If you don't like the topic the last I checked you don’t have to answer it.  

TFL isn't an open forum. It's a forum dedicated to firearms and the ownership of same. 

Quote:
If you don’t think you can answer it with a professional opinion then you don’t belong on any forum.  

Afully elitist of you, don't you think? 

Quote:
If you can’t act appropriately or professionally then again you don’t belong on any forum.  

Indeed, and it is neither approriate, nor professional to enter private property and then gripe about the rules posted by the owner of that property.

Quote:

No need, just follow the rules you agreed to when you joined.

Quote:

Big Brother was an invention of George Orwell referring to an out-of-control government. Rich Lucibella is neither a government, nor out-of-control.

I trust this answers your questions and clarifies matters for you.

LawDog

Yeah blalal Ok I think that we should have one because well some of the people here dont know what a fire arm is. What i mean by that is people who talk about there dogs and other things on here witch don't belong on here but you let them any way. But when i put a thread up that is more about firearms or something mine get closed and im never aloud to speek out on this. Also i have the felling that alot of you guys want to be D%@!s for no reason. So im fore have a area where we can talk about what we want.

That was. . . um. . . something.

Seriously, did anyone who's complaining about the lack of an off-topic forum visit any of the off topic forums I actually went to the trouble to link for you? What's wrong with those places?

I don't understand the idea that TFL has any obligation to be all things to all people. It's a fantastic forum for like-minded people who share an interest and one where they can gather without flaming, pictures of poop, or pictures of flaming poop. That's hard enough to find on the internet.

I'm going to take the side of those that want an off-topic section.

The reason why I'd like one is because I appreciate the opinions of most people here and would like to engage them in conversations about topics other than firearms every now and then.

I could go to other boards, but I wouldn't meet the same people!

IMHO, the Iranian police women training video thread that was shut down in the Tactics and Training forum was totally about tactics and training. I winced when it got shut down (very quickly).

If they get a PSII forum, I want a forum to discuss the finer points of electrical meter calibration... :D J/K.

See where it would go? I like it the way it is and being firearms related is the key.

But if it IS firearms related, it should stay open! I thought the thread about how many gunnies are sports nuts (very few) should have stayed open. I'm not going to whine about it but it was firearms related and showing a very interesting parrellel that should have been allowed to been pursued. IIRC, no ad hominems were present.

No biggie though. I know you all work hard at moderation and volunteer your time to do so.

Back