• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Hey TFL Gods.. How about this Off Topic

accordingtome

I know im new here but i was thinking that we could have a truly OFF TOPIC forum on this site.. That way people can post there without getting their threads locked. What if want to know if anyone else on the site is a PSII nut. I have no where to post it. I bet you would have some great topics come up and some really good threads. Its nice to know what people think about certain subjects, especially when you share a common hobby that you love ( GUNS ) :D

Just a Thought. :rolleyes:

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Hello folks.™

THR has one, and when I visit here I still wonder why this board doesn't have one... :confused:

i have to agree.. *partly becuse i put alot of work into the cloused thread* and it would be simpler to moderate..

i understand its hard for you guys half the time your damned if you do damned if ya dont..

Jess

Welcome to The Firing Line, a virtual community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership.

The Internet is pretty big. People who are into PS2 games, cross-stitching, breeding Pomeranians, or hot-rodding Toyota Celicas can find any number of boards that have those subjects as their primary point of discussion.

An off-topic forum would be incompatible with the stated mission of TFL.

I really don't see it as a big deal.. it would be nice to get some new blood in this forum :D whats the saying..

"parents just don't understand" :(

your right though .. anyone that would hotrod a toyota celica should not be on this site..

Check out www.racepa.com for another example of no off topic. We do the same thing over there. No off topic. I dont think we should get one here either. (I am Daewoo on that board)

No off topic section. I've been on boards that were supposed to be about a certain subject, and when off topic posts are allowed, the whole thing collapses into a useless jumble of wasted bandwidth.

O.K....O.K..., i get the picture already :(
I am from california and all im used to nothing changing and living with commie ideas. I really do like posting on this board and i like that people on it. everyone is really nice.. I guess i will just Conform. :rolleyes:

go to a ps2 forum if you want to talk ps2. Unless you know of any cool PS2 games that simulate real life carrying and IDPA competitions with some other cool stuff like that!

I invite anyone who wants to engage in civil "off topic" discussions to visit THR.

The "Is This Board Becoming the Low Road" thread that was started by golden boy is precisely the reason why I am so glad there is not an off-topic forum here.

I don't really think that a gun oriented board needs a bullitin oriented towards anything but firearms related discussions. Just join a different board. Its not like they dont exist. Anyways, do you reallly want gun guys getting into heated discussions about ps2 games? Might get too......personal :p

I know that I'm late (better late then never :confused: ).

Anyway, I agree with no off topic forum. It's too emotional sometimes and too easy to get into a poop kicking match with members, new or old.

Yes, I know that you're thinking that just because I am not mature or responsible enough to be able to keep my cool in an OT room, let me tell you that I've seen many level headed, intelligent people blow it in an OT forum and get banned (myself NOT included, I'm not intelligent).

I've watched good people going down in flames because they had a bad night, bad week, or bad year.

We try to be our best, but as human beings, sometimes that isn't possible.

I'm speaking from experience. I will admit that I am relearning board edicate, how to control my humaness when conversing with others, and to know when to hold my tougne(sp) and spell :D.

And, since this is one of my last chances to be a member of a community and not the loner, I'm mighty glad that this board doesn't have an OT forum :o .

Wayne

THR is closing the Roundtable section. No more off topic stuff there anymore.

And if you read all the posts over there about it closing, you will get a clear picture of why it's a bad idea for TFL.

Back