Heritage Rough Rider in 22lr & 22 mag 6.5"

I bought a Rough Rider when those first came out. It was the 5 inch version and it was crap. It would foul and bind up after about 50 rounds fired. I kept mine clean. I sold it a couple of years later.

I bought mine a few years ago to complete my "cowboy" fantasy with my Henry lever action rifle. It has been great. I paid a little more (and didn't know any better at the time)and got mine with a case hardened finish that looks much better than the standard black. I would not hesitate to buy another or recommend it to a friend.

One interesting point. When I bought my first RR the most accurate ammo was the cheap (at the time!) Remington Golden Bullet.
The gun shoots good with most any ammo, but the RGB tightens the group quite a bit.
Other than the aforementioned loose screws, and mine was only the ejector rod cover screw, I have not had one problem.
My only criticism is the obnoxious, and unnecessary manual safety.

I personally find the Heritage as one of the best buys in firearms especially for that style of single action. I have the 22/22 mag combo and could not be happier. Especially considering the price.
I own a Ruger Blackhawk 9mm/357 combo and yes that is one terrific firearm. However, for 22.cal plinking and fun, the Heritage is a great buy.
Here is my Ruger and my Heritage.

PS For a small fee, I was able to get a Lifetime warranty from Bud's. Just a little piece of mind.

npvCwyu.jpg

Back