Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR and .22 WMR Combo

I have a Rough Rider. To be honest, I bought it because I had 1,000 rounds of 22 LR that wouldn't cycle in my Colt 22 1911 (actually manufactured by Walther).

Mine was dead on out of the box and has been incredibly accurate. Surprising for such a cheap gun.

One should accept a soft Zamak frame in a buck fifty revolver, that's taking 4 friends to lunch these days.

Zamak isn't soft nor is it weak. It does have a low melting point but unless you're going to work on it with a blowtorch it's good to go.

I use to defend Heritage when the Wrangler came out as I figured Ruger was putting in a low effort just to snag market share from Heritage and sell their cheap SAA .22 clone at $100 more simply because they put Ruger on the side of the gun.

I never really considered Heritage's warranty or customer service, but asking someone to buy a revolver twice and the replacement comes with the same 1 yr warranty doesn't sit well with me.

The Super Wrangler existing now and with adjustable sights and Ruger usually doing any and all repair work for free, I'd take that over buying two Heritage's. While Heritage has adjustable sight models the extra $100 for the Ruger is basically insurance in the event something is off and it will last a lot longer than 1 year.

Guess I lucked out . . .

Revolver Shooters:
I've had a heritage 22lr/magnum for going on ten plus years. I've taught a bunch of people how to shoot with it as a single action 22 is a good safe place for beginners to start in handgun shooting. I've never noticed an accuracy problem but then the circumstances have not called for great accuracy. Overall it's been a pretty good little gun. But yeah, you get what you pay for.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back