Henry lever actions?

Henry lever actions

Dano 4734, of your friends problem is only a feeding problem have him/her call Henry and send a dummy round of the ones that won’t feed from the magazine. They fixed mine and now it feeds all in spec. rounds as well as Hornady Lever Revolution.
All the best,
Bill

I've got the .41Mag carbine & love it. SMOOTH action, good trigger, accurate & nice wood. Same with a buddy's .45-70 & it compared very favorably with my Guide Gun.

I will have one of the color case hardened .357 carbines within the next week or 2.

I love my Marlins, but Henry is definitely bringing their A-game.

Henry Lever actions

I took my first deer this year with my H010. Hornady 325 grain FTX over 44 grains IMR 4198. When I fired the young buck did not move so I chaimbered a second round but as I took aim he collapsed where he stood. The round hit the heart and both lungs before exiting. I paced the distance at about 140 yards.
Love my Henry!!
All the best,
Bill

I use to have a Henry Steel in 45 Colt, worked well and was an accurate shooter. Got hard up for money and had to sell it.
Now a days I have a Winchester 1892 (expensive) and a Marlin 1895 GBL. The Winchester is just sweet all the way around. Shoots accurate and easy to load and pure quality. The Marlin was about $600.00 and also very well made and accurate. Marlins from what I understand have just a little bigger bore so if reloading you have to buy something just a hair bigger than what you're revolver will take. I never had that problem with mine though. The Henry is heavier but it is quality made also. But it is more expensive than the Marlins. That's why I do not own a Henry Big Boy in anything, I would rather have the Marlin at the $600 dollar range. I have two Henry 22's though and they are well made. But Love my Winchester 1892 Short the Best.

I have a pre-64 Model 94 Win in 30-30 and it's so unused that it's still pretty stiff but shoots very well. I was recently looking for a 45-70 and made the rounds to all the gun stores trying to get a feeling for quality. Winchester only makes it in a 1886 and I'm not fond of that model for a brush gun.

The tube magazine on the Henry's felt clumsy and awkward to me. I'm accustomed to a side loader and very comfortable with those so although they seemed smooth and well made, I had to say no.

I then looked at the Marlin's and the Trapper (new) really tripped my trigger (so to speak). My hold back was that Marlin is Remington and they really went down hill and were in chapt 11. I liked it enough to do more research and found that Remington's bad actor investors bailed but the company submitted a restructuring plan that won unanimous approval and brought them out of Chapt 11 in near record time. That in turn, attracted new investors and they have now begun re-tooling with the Trapper being one of the rifles that was built off the new equipment.

I'm still holding back on the Marlin's to see if they do come back top in their class and in the meantime, I bought a 45-70 barrel for my Thompson/Center Encore Pro Hunter. Single shot but you can reload pretty fast if you can remember which pocket your bullets are in, (Yes, I have a butt cartridge holder), I was just throwing in a little humor.

I own a Henry H009 30-30 and I have had no jamming issues as read above. These are quality firearms in fit, finish, smoothness and functioning. I own many levers and these 30-30 guns are very nice levers. I hate when someone states don’t buy the 30-30 because they all jam. This is nonsense! Send your gun into Henry and fix it, they are not jammers, I own one. All levers will jam up if you not operating then properly. I own old pre 64 winchester 94’s, new thousand dollar plus 94’s, old Marlins jm guns and this Henry. The Henry 30-30 is what I took in the woods deer hunting this year. Their weight is on par with my Marlin. Be your own judge on these guns but I give my Henry 30-30 a big thumbs up.

Last edited:
Back