Henry Big Boy Brass Wear?

Don't bother Imperato with pictures.
That metal's just doing what that metal does.
There's nothing he can do to prevent it.
And nothing he can do to fix it that you can't do at home.

You don't send one back to Henry merely because of surface wear & patination that develop with use.
They won't polish it for you.
Denis

I for one don't like shiny brass. I like it best after it dulls. It has a warm mellow look to it instead of harsh brightness.

That my friend is patina as others have said. It's like the discoloration that occurs on a carbon steel knife blade. Brass polish will take it off, but I like others kind of like that dull brass look you'd find on a brass receiver rifle from 100 years ago. Regardless which way you go (shiny or patina), that's a beautiful rifle, enjoy!

I like variation, with these lever rifles. When I wanted a blued receiver, I got one. Then I wanted brass, and then stainless. Got them too.

I'll let the brass on a few black powder guns get dark. Think I'll keep the Henry 45-70 with it's octagon barrel, shined up.

After you get it cleaned up and shiny again, do what I did from day 1 after receiving my Henry Carbine in .45 Colt. I polished it with a coat of Renaissance wax. It still looks like new.

Back