Henry AR-7

I'm working out a trade for one of these from Henry. If I could only have on .22 it would not be this one probably but I'd like to have one to just keep in the trunk all the time.

Rick H.

OK, I took the AR-7 to the range to test and sight in. I shot mostly Aguila 40 RN high velocity + one mag of CCI minimag 35 HP. I had misfires on 3 of 24 Aguila, but all fired the second try. I'm blaming the ammo, but time will tell. Dialed in pretty quick, then shot a mag of each at 50 yards into a NRA 100 yd smallbore target. Results: 2-7, 2-8, 9-9, 3-10. The trigger is a little creepy, but not too bad. For what it is, I'm happy. The front sight could be better, but since it's dovetailed in, I imagine you could change it. All in all, a fun piece.

Now, regarding survival, this old East Idaho (i.e. west slope of the Tetons) Nordic Ski Patroller will say again, no firearm is worth the weight in a survival situation. Unless bad guys are after you, it just doesn't fit in the weight budget. But if you want something to toss under the front seat to wack a fool hen now and then, this little guy fills the bill.

Back