help with rifle scope

I went with a Burris FF II 2-7 x 33 on my Marlin Guide Gun. The reticle is bullet drop compensated with 2 tick marks for holdover. Zeroed at 100 yards the first tick down is 150 yards the second is 200 yards.

I would HIGHLY recommend a Leupold scope. Look at the history behind some of the other scopes that have been recommended and you will see that those brand names have been bought, sold, traded, merged, re-incorporated and resurrected from the dead.:eek:

Try getting service for ANY of those scopes that are over a decade old and see how far you get.:mad:

NOW! try getting service for a decade old Leupold.:)

I do own a 45-70 as well as several other medium range lever action rifles and I would recommend a 1x4 or 2x7 scope for any of them.

I suggest the VX-II 2-7

That will serve you well. IMO Leupold is worth the little bit more money. I have a VXII 3-9 and it's fantastic, almost as good as my VXIII and VX-R scopes for less money.

You will never be sorry you bought the Leupold.

Here's a pic of mine. I prefer a straight tube scope (no objective bell) on a lever gun, but this one looks and balances well enough. Optically it's fantastic. Dialed in at 2X I can stay well back on the stock and shoot with both eyes open on moving targets. The circle reticle really enhances target acquisition for me.

enhance

Here's a pic of mine. I prefer a straight tube scope (no objective bell) on a lever gun, but this one looks and balances well enough. Optically it's fantastic. Dialed in at 2X I can stay well back on the stock and shoot with both eyes open on moving targets. The circle reticle really enhances target acquisition for me.

enhance
I take it that's the revolution? I can get a vx2 for about $150 so thinking that's the right route.

Yes, that is a Revolution. If you can get the VX2 for $150, get it now! If you know where I can get one for $150, let me know and next time I post a pic of this rifle it will be wearing one.

I don't have any other scopes on my deer rifles but Leupold VX-2, 3-9X. If you're in the woods, in low light and have to see antlers, it's the clearest scope for the money. I bought mine at Optics Planet and it was a great price.

We don't often shoot at 9X, but it's great for spotting antlers. In my blind, where I see deer from 20 to 400 yards, I often keep it at 6 or 7x, then turn it up, as needed to see antlers.

Yes, that is a Revolution. If you can get the VX2 for $150, get it now! If you know where I can get one for $150, let me know and next time I post a pic of this rifle it will be wearing one.
you wont be able to get one for that price unless you have a rewards points credit card like I do. :). I just use my rewards points card until it gets a lot of cash back and then use it for large purchases to bring the price down.

Optics planet is about $230 for the vx2.

Back