Help With Private Outdoor Range

Looks good. I have 300 acres here in KY, but the woods are such that I can only get 110 yard range. At the end of our range we stacked a bunch of railroad ties on top of each other for hanging targets. The other thing we do is go to a scrap yard and pick up old brake rotors and some angle iron. Lay the rotor flat and weld angle up and then make a U. You can then use some small sheets for plywood for moveable targets for pistol shooting or sighting in rifles etc.

Very nice set up....

Deerslayer303

I wouldnt reccomend pushing debris like brush and trees into the berm because they can leave gaps or voids in the berm. Those could allow projectiles to pass through. Carefully placed logs will be helpful on the other hand.

Good point towman! The lot I recently bought bordering my property is 98' wide and 997' long perfect for a range. It has alot of big pines on it to dispose of. Thats why I was thinking to use the brush. But you're right eventually they will rot. Although in the right circumstances pines like to turn into fat lighter. Which will stop a bullet no problem[emoji2].

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back