Help with IDPA

I looked around the site a bit (not quite done yet) but I don't see a map, or way of viewing events (outside of "major" events, I don't think I need to worry about those just yet).

a link maybe?

thanks...

In Tampa FL so neither of those are close :)

while poking around on the site and rules I found this in the faq section:

DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO DO EITHER A “TACTICAL RELOAD”, “RELOAD WITH RETENTION” OR RE-LOAD FROM SLIDE-LOCK? Yes, this is what actually happens on the street. No IPSC style speed re-loads (slide down with a round remaining in the chamber) are permitted in IDPA competition. If the CoF does not specify the type of reload, you may do any of the three.

ok, what exactly are they saying you can't do? I thought the Tactical reload was "slide down with a round remaining in the chamber" which they say you can't do...

Well, I shoot SSR so I may be wrong..but..

and IPSC speed reload is dropping a magazine that may contain live ammo and inserting a fresh magazine. There is no dropping live rounds, you must take them with you.

A tactical reload is the same, but you keep the partial magazine... The same as a reload with retension.. I think..;-)

That's what I thought to, execpt for the part :

"slide down with a round remaining in the chamber"

reffering to what was not allowed... The slide is down and a round in the chamber durring a Tatical reload....

That is probably right, it is just worded a bit weird to me...

I'm pretty sure that if you don't drop any live rounds, your good, right (even though I would not even drop an empty mag)?

oh, and what is SSR?

SSR= Stock Service Revolver

Wheelgun class ;-).. Both my wife and I, you see I love reloading and hate chasing brass. Besides, I figure if you can shoot a wheelgun fast it helps with DA semi-autos, I know I've never had a problem with my first shot outta a DA

There are only two kinds of allowed reloads in IDPA.

Slide lock back empty and drop the mag(after all, the gun is empty),

or change the mag at the gun (tactical) or from the pouch(retained). In either case the partial mag is retained.

Do it!!!

Shotm 1st one last week....I just used my revolver.....hae a couple of speedloaders or mags......check w/ the range and see if they're shooting in or out doors.Indoors mine requires Winclean ammo....it's tonsof fun....:cool:

Back