Help with a Stoeger Condor O/U 12GA

Took 2 months to repair and get it back.

The fact that this company stands behind their product is reason enough to sing the praises of it. How many companies would have said "sorry you are not the original owner and we can't help you". Benelli didn't and that's good enough for me.

To all those throwing stones about why it wasn't right to start with: you cannot spend $500 and get $1500 build quality. Not rocket science. Also, the business model taught by the esteemed (by some, not me) Harvard Business School has evolved from the Quality First, to spend less on QC/QA and deal with customer problems through customer service. Whereby Toyota went from the hallmark of quality to recall city. It absolutely amazes me how ALL corporations throw common sense out the window and follow this dogma like lemmings because of the promise of higher earnings predicated on all kinds of statistical analyses and projection charts. And every seven years or so they change so they can sell "something new" to a whole new group, which always works. Fortunately some do follow through with the customer service part.
To anyone else looking to minimize potential losses when starting out: First, buy a good used gun and take care of it and you can very likely sell it for what you have in it if you change your mind down the road. Second, you do NOT need an O/U to do anything. A good quality repeater beats a cheap O/U every time. Third: repeaters are much more easily and cheaply modified as to fit if that is an issue. You can buy a cheap used stock off ebay and hack away at it, install recoil pads and what all, and if you sell the gun later put the original stock back on it and you are only out the cost of the used stock, which you can usually also sell to someone else with a similar problem.
Beretta should get the kudos, since they own both Stoeger and Benelli. While the various branches can at times be less easy to deal with than Remington or Mossberg, you can usually get them to come through.

Last edited:
I also own one of these guns, I'm the original owner, and I have never had one issue with it. I'm glad to see they fixed your daughter's gun. Most people on the internet say they are junk guns. Most people on the internet have no clue what they are talking about or are gun snobs. They buy the expensive gun, or at least say they do, just to get on here and brag and to their friends. The pricey guns are nice but these cheaper ones are all I need. I've shot everything from cheap bulk target shot to 000 and 1 1/4 oz slugs. I've never had a single failure of any kind. It's probably the most practical shotgun I own for most hunting situations.

you have to tell how many shells you fire over a year, 2-4 boxs or more and what you use your shotgun for. i have a clue and i wear jean and tee shirts most of the time and never have been called a snob. and i do know if you are going go into any of the clay games its much cheaper over the years to buy the best you can afford even if you have to buy used. i,m a low round count shooter(5-6 thousand rounds a year) compared to many thousands of other shooters. my 90,s browning bt-100(singles trap only) has close to 20,000 shells thru it with out any FTF-FTE and no repairs at all, tho i,m going to have the springs replaced this fall. a factory authorized browning repair gunsmith is 43 miles from me and he said if i drop it off in the morning when i go visit my son, i can pick it up that afternoon. the old saying is so true, cry when you buy,but laugh when it lasts. eastbank.

Stoger Condors aren't top of the line guns, but I've always contended that you get a pretty decent gun for the money that you do spend.

I was seriously considering getting one in 20 gauge a few years to for pick up trap, skeet, and wobble, but I ended up buying an older SxS 20 gauge.

I also very seriously considered a Stoeger Uplander in 28 gauge for awhile, also for the same use, as I was tired of getting smacked around by my 12 gauges at the range.

The Stevens 20 gauge sort of took care of that problem (still get bruised, I guess I'm just a dainty little flower...)...

But if I needed a kick about shotgun for a kid or just occasional use, I wouldn't have any problems getting a Stoeger.

Back