Help to identify 3 old handguns

Sorry gyvel, I think I have seen more internet reports of scrubbed 1911s in the past year than the total production of NAACOs.
No reason not to take off the left grip and look, though
.+

I have to agree with you on that. I will freely admit it is grasping at straws, but there's always a (slim) chance.:D

All military 1911's left the factory with serial numbers, All commercial Colt 1911s left the factory with serial numbers. The 1968 firearm act made it a requirement for long arms to have serial numbers . Lunch box guns ( which are very rare ) were made from scraped parts that failed inspection and were thrown into the reject bins ( and so. unrecorded ). If anyone were to take the time to read the 1934 Firearm act and it's amendment's they would see that serial numbers were required on all newly manufactured ( and legally imported ) handguns. All North American 1911's are accounted for ( the last I read ) so it's not likely to be one of those. The point is , the gun in question is supposed to have a serial number regardless, of when made.

IT looks heavily buffed, so its possible some ham handed refinisher polished off the visible markings. IF you can't find a number on the frame in some location, then the safest thing to do is contact a lawyer, and have them negotiate the surrender of the gun to the authorities.
Now I have no firearms in my possession that HAD serial numbers and were later removed. However, if it turns out that I did, or if I was in the same spot as the current owner/holder of this pistol...

Wouldn't you be just as safe to simply strip all the parts from the frame...
And cut up the frame?
Wouldn't this take you to exactly the same end and yet without involving any EIEIO.gov personnel and dealing (and risk dealing?!) with them on any level?

Back