Help Please...New Mosin 91/30 bolt close issue

TX hunter, I think the ability to load spent rounds has to do with the shallow slope of the ramp, more than the bolt face itself. There are, as far as I know two feed ramps in the Mosin: the first feed ramp is in the magazine housing, then a second in the receiver, both fairly shallow.

It might have been a design feature to allow the rifle to chamber poorly produced rounds, might also be the fact that it was designed prior to the use of spitzer bullets or it could have been easier to produce. Who knows?! In anycase, it's one less possible feed problem for soldiers to run into.

Edit: DS Child, I missed the "kicking up" video. To me, it looks like the round gets stuck in the interrupter by the weak magspring, then when it's pushed forwards enough, it's popped up by the front of the magazine follower.

I forgot to update you guys. The new mag follower did the trick. My Mosin works great now. Although the snap caps still get stuck. Proper rounds feed through nicely though. Funny thing is, I just get it fixed and then I move. The range by my house only allows one round loaded at a time. Oh well...

Back