Help needed with a grip gripe. Astra 680 snub.

A quick and cheap (yet also ugly) method would be to use grip tape to add thickness to the front of the grip. Add a strip at a time until you reach the desired thickness, then wrap a layer of grip tape around the entire grip to secure it. It won't be pretty, but it will work.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Try a BK Grip Adapter. Not expensive, solid, reliable business and because they are cast plastic very easy to fit to an atypical gun. Get the one for a K-frame to give you more room to remove material to get it just right.

Here’s a couple of photos of my frame. Thickness and then profile.

In inches! Don’t say I don’t do anything for you!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• A46C5B4B-8F8B-48B8-A861-C59D982E6683.jpeg
    A46C5B4B-8F8B-48B8-A861-C59D982E6683.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 435
  • 585B7FFB-01E1-45BE-985B-62FA750B91C3.jpeg
    585B7FFB-01E1-45BE-985B-62FA750B91C3.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
I measured my Taurus 905, and it's quite a bit smaller than your grip. I don't have a round butt S&W "K" frame here- but we have already been told that those grips wont work.
The thickness is about the same as a "K" frame- so "K" grip adapters should work.

@Pond did You found suitable grips for Astra 680? I need proper information, I've tried pachmayr k frame and it didn't fit, frame of this revolver rattles, I've tried pachmayr j frame round butt, and it is almost acurate, but I can't squeez it enough to close grip, something don't allows to do that; Do someone has any ideas? Dess

This is an old thread and Pond hasn't been around for about 3 years now.

That said, maybe someone else will help. If you don't get help feel free to start a brand new thread with your question.

@Pond did You found suitable grips for Astra 680? I need proper information, I've tried pachmayr k frame and it didn't fit, frame of this revolver rattles, I've tried pachmayr j frame round butt, and it is almost acurate, but I can't squeez it enough to close grip, something don't allows to do that; Do someone has any ideas? Dess

Alas, last activity from him on TFL is about 3 years ago.

Back