Help! Need concealed carry suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carry the gun in the diaper bag. Just don't get confused about which type of fast draw you are doing.

Jim

Thanks again for the continued suggestions. I went to Horseshoe Leather's website and liked what I saw, but he was more expensive than some other company's I've looked at.

I have been wearing my gun around the house inside my shorts and it's not too uncomfortable, the checkered grips do tend to chaff my side though. I am leaning toward an IWB, and just wearing a belt. Maybe when I'm dressed up I'll just stick it in the diaper bag and eventually maybe getting a conceal purse for those instances.

Darthmaum,
Iwb is probably the most secure, if your carrying your baby around the strong side carry might get in the way,,,but its the best I know of.......since your carrying the baby put the holster on em and youll have it at your hands.....just kidding.....since you wear jeans, depending on the type you can try an ankle holster, but that type of carry has severe limitations, although for driving its not bad at all..........the suggestion of a tie to hide an open button works as well so does taking the back of that button and putting a small amount of velcro on it and the same over the hole the button goes through and that way you could wear it without a tie or something to hide the open button....a smaller pistol would be in order for that though...the same concept would work with a belly band as well or perhaps a pager style holster with a small J frame...its not always the best pistol you own that is with you, its the one that fits your needs and dress.....stay safe,,,fubsy.

Darthmaum - it's tough for us to carry - I use Sidearmor IWB for a Glock 26/30, or a Galco Deep Cover (this one clips on) for the 26 or a Kimber Ultra Carry. Also have a belly band, coronado leather carry case (it looks like a camera case, but it's tough to get to the pistol - zippered + velcro retention strap), fanny pack, pocket holster. I have a purse I bought from Feminine Protection that has a steel cable trhough the shoulder strap, and a velcro pocket between the 2 pockets of the purse - its much easier access. When I carry I find that I am much more aware that I need to pick up that purse. I've taken to putting my foot through the strap and pulling the strap up over my knee when at a table with the purse sitting between my feet. If I forget to pick it up, it trips me!!!

Darthmaum. go to the Big Town gun show Sept 11-12. You will see examples of just about all the concealed carry types mentioned here.One vendor on the back row afew tables south of the concession stand sells clipdraws and all the other vendors selling holsters, bags etc will be easier to find. You can try on holsters, fannypacks etc to see if they will work on you.

Futo, I really like the Sport Holster, but am concerned about it depressing the grip safety on my Springfield. I am considering getting one for my SIG though, thanks for the link! ;)

Does anyone out there have a Sport Holster that carries a 1911-style gun in it?

------------------
"...What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?... Fight, and you may die, run and you'll live, at least a while. And dying, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for just one chance, to tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!!"
-------------------------
je suis prest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back