HELP need advice on LASER sight

Doc Holliday 1950 said:
The guide rod laser was the main laser that I was inquiring
about in my original post. Has anyone had any problems with them?

The Lasermax in my wife's Beretta 92 went dim just a couple of months after the warranty expired. I contacted Lasermax and they said to send it in to be looked at. After confirming that there was little wear and no abuse, they replaced it for free which I consider excellent customer service

The Lasermax on my gen 2 Glock 21 has had the plastic battery cap replaced twice in 15 years and is needing a new battery cap now. It still works but the cap has a small split in the side.

Laser sights do make a good training aid. Mine helped me cure pulling to the right as I squeezed the trigger. I also think they do help with target acquisition in low light situations. I realize that I am probably in the minority on that opinion, but having spent 15 years using one has shown me the value of having a laser sight.

The advantage of the Lasermax guide rod laser is that for most applications (excepting the 1911 models) there is no need to sight the laser to the gun and there is no means of adjustment because it is not needed. They are inherently accurate due to their design.

Both of ours are the red laser sight as the green one had not been developed when we purchased. If the green one had been available, I would have probably went with it because the red ones are not easily visible in bright daylight.

Looks like you already bought the Lasermax. I loved the idea since the laser would be right under the barrel and I bought one for my Glock 26. I have to admit that I hated it though since the wider take down lever required it to be used in specific holsters or risk accidental activation. I didn't really care for the flashing laser and I also don't like how the laser is activated.

I switched to carrying a Kahr PM9 and I bought a Crimson Trace laser that mounts to the trigger guard. I like that the activation is completely intuitive since it is right on the grip itself. Then laser sits lower than the Lasermax, but is adjustable for both windage and elevation.

I recently switched to a Glock 43 and I went with Crimson Trace again. This time, I went with the combination light and laser. https://www.crimsontrace.com/products/manufacturer/glock/01-5860 The light is very bright and can be set for light only, laser only, or light and laser. This sight is also adjustable for windage and elevation.

Back