HELP! Must choose any new Glock to get for free!

I second your choice of the G17. The 9mm is easier on the wallet and easier to reload. The Glock kaBoom stories almost always involve reloaded ammo using lead bullets, and some with jacketed bullets. The biggest cause of these problems is the unsupported case. This causes a bulge in the case that weakens the brass. Then again, I have only heard the stories, never have seen one.
The .40 S&W could more accurately thought of as a 10mm Kurtz (Short). The FBI 10mm Lite loads and the .40S&W loadings have nearly identical ballistic characteristics. You can make .40 S&W brass by trimming 10mm brass to the proper length and reaming the case mouth. (I don't know why anyone would, just that it can be done that way. There are a myriad of details not described here, as this is not the point.)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

The G17 is the first Glock I bought. I really like it and shoot it all the time, I can get Winchester white box ammo for 7.00 then I reload it all and shoot it again, componants are fairly cheap so you can shoot the good stuff. Take that baby CCW and two hicaps and I dont't feel under gunned.

------------------
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"

General Dwight D. Eisenhower-- June 6,1944
------------------------

http://www.homestead.com/gunrights/Guns_and_Gunrights.html

[This message has been edited by Kimber Man (edited January 01, 2000).]

If you're down to a choice between the 17 and the 22, I'd get the 17. Mags a'plenty out there that are somewhat more than 10 rounds in capacity, and a well-placed 9mm is every bit as good as a well-placed .40 S&W, and since the ammo is considerably cheaper, you'll get to practice quite a bit more for the same amount of money spent on range ammo.

Either way, though, you won't go wrong with either of those fine models.

Don: I have read some of your earlier posts and it did my heart a world of good to know that you won the Glock raffle!

I have owned the Glock 22 and was well served by it. Ammo is reasonable and you can shoot the Blazer .40 S&W stuff plenty cheap. To those who insist that there is no difference between the 9mm and .40 S&W, ask yourslef why so many LEO's have chosen the .40 S&W over the 9mm ----- not by coincidence I assure you.

If the Misses could possibly get used to the 30, it is a wonderful package balancing size and power.

It may sound in earlier posts as if I am a Glock basher and that's not the case. For the average Joe and Jane who shoot not over 2000 rounds per year from any given gun, the Glock will outlast them.

God bless you and enjoy-----Will Beararms

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

I'd go w/ the 22. (Of course I'm Bias... :)
But then again, any model you choose, will be fine if you master it.
Congrats,
Cowboy

Back