Help me pick Pocket .45...

Ok after reading the posts and looking at the Kahr Mk40 I am really likeing how it sounds. I read good reviews about it by Massad and a few other writers (who are convently linked from Kahrs webpage.) I remember when I saw my first Kahr, I think it was a K9, I thought it was a nice heavy American made gun.

I also read the reviews here and the general consisus is poitive and I also found a lot of talk about what pocket holsters people carry too.

What is the difference between Mk40 and MK40 Elite 98?

The only thing I know about the Elite's is, they have a better trigger than the standard K series. The P series all come with the Elite trigger now, but they aren't as small as the MK series.

I know you've already decided against AMT, but JUST in case, I gotta add how much mine SUCKED TOO! Aweful chunk of pot metal that popped me in the forehead with empties, and finally locked closed, never to open again... had to send the entire pistol back to the company. WORST customer service I've ever seen!

Glad you like yours Canis, but if I still had mine, I'd GIVE it to ya!

I carry a Kahr P9, my wife, an MK9. I owned the MK40 for a while, and LOVED it, but for various reasons I went with the slightly larger and much lighter P series... I've never met a Kahr I didn't like :D

I've heard good things about the Republic Arms .45 Patriot. I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with one (of six?) of their employees. The Patriot is on my shopping list - under $300 shipped to your FFL.

Back