Help me choose a safe for my truck.

partially remebered something

I'm remeber seeing recently that a lady running for an elected office in state government was promoting the fact that she had helped save many lives by making "hidden gun compartments" illegal.

If I remember correctly its Illinois. From what little I heard on the t.v. it sounded like gun safes could be a form of the dreaded "hidden gun compartments".

yes i know

i noticed that "this is tennessee, boy" but i also know that other people read this thread topic. Also Tennessee is within driving distance of The Land of Lincoln. I just wanted to inform others reading the thread that while you can do this legally in Tennessee and in Missouri you are not legally able to do it in neighboring states.

Before you mention it I realize that if you have you safe hidden from the general populations vision how is anyone going to know you have one anyway.

Plausible Scenario:

You are nailed in a motor vehicle accident and everything inside the vehicle is partially gear-adrift. Also possible, you get really nailed and they cut you out of the car. At that point, a plain-view search (read: looking through the window) could see the offending gunsafe. Also possible, if you are incapacitated, your car will most likely be impounded for safekeeping (rather than leave it abandoned on the roadside for all to loot). If the vehicle is being impounded, it will be inventoried.

Mike

I don't know about other states, but in NC "concealed" pertains to "on or about your person". A safe under your seat would be considered "about your person". I know for sure that a locked glove box is.

So if you have a CCW, you're covered.

MitchShaft

What does what mean? :)

A previous poster was asking how authorities would know whether or not you had a gunsafe in your vehicle. I was providing a few pretty easy scenarios where they could find out.

Of course, in MANY areas it is perfectly legal (hell, one would think preferable) to have a gunsafe rather than just throwing the pistol in the trunk. Other areas, not so much.

Mike

Well, it's still not in yet. They say it should ship out this Monday. But on a better note, the wife is gonna let me keep it in the house!

Back