• Nikon

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Bushnell

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dig Leupold scopes but I really dig Vortex Vipers, my safe has 5 HS scopes in it......yep they're heavier, and clear and repeatable and easy to operate and.................;)

In the price range you seem to be looking there are a lot of good scopes that will last you a life time. You could just pick any and you would be happy.

But to get more precise advice you need to give more info.
You said hunting to 300 yards, all the scopes will be fine for that, but you said targets to 600yards.

What reticle do you want?
Do you want exposed turrets, or tall capped or short capped, or a Ballistic turret? There for need to track perfectly?
Is weight or size an issue?
Do you want illumination?

I would say the VX6 would be my choice, but if you want something for targets the 3-18 model mainly has hunting reticles that may not be best for targets, and it doesn't have turret that are quite right for serious target work.

But you might want to consider a Weaver Super Slam 3-15 x 42 or 50 with ebx reticle. Own several of the Super Slam scopes, Japanese made by Light Optics Works. They have nice optics and you'll like the pull-up turrets for windage/elevation that track well. Its worth a look.

Darn good choice. Comparable to the VX3 line of Leupold scopes but cost a bit less.

Another option in the Weaver SS line is the model #800373. Its a 30mm Euro tube with a #4 illuminated reticle and FFP option.

Leupold over just about everything except the ridiculously priced ultra scopes.
On the lower end, I like the Weavers, old or new.

Check out the unconditional life time warranty on the Vortex Optics. There are a few videos on YouTube about them as well. Nice scopes for a great price, and their customer service backs them up 100%. Try the Vortex Diamondback!!

I prefer Leupold hunting riflescopes.

I have had many scopes over the last 60 years and Leupold is still in business, a USA company and backs up their products.

The name on the Kowa scope I had was so large and garish. I returned it.

I recently bought a Bushnell 6500 Elite 4.5x30x-50, partly because I was impressed by the power range is such a short scope format. I liked it so much I bought another one to mount on a new target rifle.

Very clear and bright with a side mounted focusing turret.
It compares well with my other NightForce, Leupold and Sightron scopes but the variable power range if much wider. I thought that was quite an achievement.

With the low power range is can work for hunting and with the high power range, it works great for longer range target shooting and also testing loads.

I settled on the sightron. I will probroblty end up doing a review in a couple months to give me time to thougly test it. thank you everyone for your inputs

Back