Help ID a sr mauser

Really liked the Rem bench rest line, but they dont feed well.

Is there a need for them to feed from a magazine at all, I wonder?

Not a concern in that game, IIRC- many of the guns used do not have a magazine, as a solid reciever is more rigid, and therefore more precise.

I bought a Bergara 6.5mm x 8 twist blank to mount up. The rifle will end up being a 6.5 x 55 Mauser. The round offers solid performance, its low pressure, original mauser caliber, PPU brass ammo is cheap to shoot and harvest the cases.

I have converted or rebarreled many 93 Mausers. No, it is not a money-making proposition; you start out with a $50 action, put $200 worth of parts and $200 of labor into it to turn it into a $100 barreled action. But you can make some fun guns. I have a 93 chambered for 7.62X39, and it never fails to impress other shooters when it shoots cheap garbage Tula ammo into 2" at 100 yds. I have a 95 Mauser in 444 Marlin in the works, and that one will be fun, too. Just accept going in that it is going to be a money hole, and enjoy the ride!

Thanks Scorch- Im not an FFL so I really dont intend to sell anyway. By time im done I will probably have $400 into this not including my time. But it should be a fun shooter and an interesting project. I am already planning my next project. Picked up a 700ADL with rings for $300.

Back