Helmet+Goggels+MP5

Kiwi,
The goggles are used for protection from flying splinters if you use a ram and possible flying dust and particles if a NFD (flashbang) is deployed. When your past that point they are an impediment. Just strip them off the helmet once inside and FIDO ("screw" it, drive on). You can come back and get them later.
The best vision possible is one of the most important elements of working safely. If they won't stop a bullet why mess with them once inside ??? Why you don't employ gas when you don't have to, working in a mask is a REAL pain.

Kiwi,

Since my RBR is still on back order, I couldn't test it with my T-800 or the spectra. I'm glad you confirmed that the bolle works well with the RBR, because I really like the low profile design of the T-800.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by smoker911 (edited August 16, 1999).]

I will stick with my C-THiPS (Concrete Tactical Head Protection System) It is 8 inches of ballistic concrete reinforced with kevlar paneling. The face shield is 4 inch thick ballistic plasto-view. (Imagine an 85 pound motorcycle helmet)

My own testing of the helmet yeilded the following results:

Test environment: Subject (me) seated in chair at 15 yards from muzzle. 77 degrees, 3mph crosswind, DOW-JONES around 11,000.

The following rounds were completely repelled:

22LR handgun, .32, .380, .35 Nambu, .38 Special, .357 Magnum (125 JHP), .351 Laramie, 1" Musket Ball, 50AE, Aluminum Bat, Kung-Fu Star, Mace, Machette, 7mm Magnum (Thompson Contender)

The following chipped the helmet:

.257 Waylan, .35 Wheelan, .380 Wailin',.308 Winchester, .338 Win Mag,.416 Rigby, .417 Gumby, .458 Winchester, .460 Weatherby, .50 BMG, .800 Cleveland, .935 McGillicudy

The following left a .5" divot and caused my head to rock back a bit:

2" Hyper-Velocity Kinetic Energy Rocket (Huey-Launched)
70mm cannon
120mm Howitzer
Elephant Shoulder-launched cruise missle
(this actually knocked me over and broke six ribs before destroying a convenience store 400 miles away- helmet intact.)

Further testing to follow.

------------------
The Second Ammendment is not about the right to hunt.

Sheesh. Shoulda read the whole post... MM44, you really need to put some kind of disclaimer up there. ;)
------------------
A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.
Vote Libertarian - For A Change.

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited August 18, 1999).]

Back