Hawaii Five-O; what guns did they carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall what the CHARACTERS carried... whatever the prop man gave them, anyhow.

Jack Lord, top of the CAST, although a rabid anti-gunner, was known to own a .25 auto of some sort.

Interesting. I found this listing for one of Jack Lord's revolvers from the show (it's a Colt, not a Smith), but the photos they have on the site show him holding blued, not nickeled revolvers.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/Summer-Sale-2007/lot-290.html

lot-289.jpg

lot-290cd.jpg

lot-289a.jpg

In the opening credits, a 5 shot cylinder (S&W 36 snub .38?) is spun, w/4 hulls in it. Now I'll have to buy the DVD's to find out...

Only in the FWIW department, "Who's Alive and Who's Dead" shows Jack as dead, but a different date of birth, Dec.-1920. Dead at age 77 in 1998.

I remember Kono having a shotgun in the opening credits, but he didn't use it.
He just carried it against his chest as he ran over a perp and trampled him like an angry rhino.

Smith Centennial M40 is what Jack Lord mostly carried (as if a TV cop's gun means anything in real life.) Honestly, even Dirty Harry's gun getup does not impress me.

So Jack Lord, gungrabber, owned a gun. Figures. He was a hypocrite. It's my understanding that Sammy Davis Jr. was a bigtime gunowner. Evidently he was very fond of Colt revolvers from all eras.

It's my understanding that Sammy Davis Jr. was a bigtime gunowner. Evidently he was very fond of Colt revolvers from all eras.

Yes and I have a Colt .38 DS just like the one pictured above. Looks real good but in broad daylight the chrome blinds you if you try to use the sights.

So Jack Lord, gungrabber, owned a gun. Figures. He was a hypocrite. It's my understanding that Sammy Davis Jr. was a bigtime gunowner. Evidently he was very fond of Colt revolvers from all eras.

Being old...I can remember when one of the gun magazines (I believe it was The American Rifleman) stated that a search of anti-gun Jack lord's records revealed that he also owned a pair of Renaissance Model (highly engraved) Browning High Powers.

I
t's my understanding that Sammy Davis Jr. was a bigtime gunowner. Evidently he was very fond of Colt revolvers from all eras.

IIRC, Sammy Davis, Jr. was a quick-draw champion in the 60's when westerns and quick-draw were all the rage.

Yes, he was very handy with an SAA, and so was some other celebrity of that era, but I can't remember exactly who it was. Jerry Lewis?

There was nothing quite like being body-checked by Kono. He just carried the shotgun so that he didn't mess up his shirt and coat.

From what I remember of the series(enjoyed the music more than the guns at that point in my history) the most popular appeared to be like a S&W J-frame. They seemed to be awfully accurate with them at most distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back