Have you ordered primers

Brian the quote was I’m not stopping shooting and some how that made it the shooters fault , WRONG ! How dare I reload for my firearms !! This shortage is all my fault , if I just stop shooting I wouldn’t need primers :rolleyes: . How dare I drive then complain about gas prices ???

Yep...I did a bunch of looking and as mentioned the reviews were mixed

Was that the Russian outfit they were discussing over on THR? A bunch of guys took the plunge there, too. The primary concern seemed to be the prudence of giving a credit card number to an unknown entity.

I did read, here, I think, that Remington Ammunition is back on line. I also noticed, coincidentally, that Midway had Remington shotgun primers for sale today. They were sold out by the time I looked at it, but if Remington gets back in the game, and the supply lines continue to open up, that would be good.

I talked to my local largest mom and pop gun store this morning. They had reduced their hours from 6 PM to 4 PM because they couldn't get merchandise.

But last week they started getting a flood a merchandise that they had ordered last year. Now they're staying open till 5 PM. They're actually kind of overwhelmed at the moment.

Not saying it's turning around, but it would be nice.

Then don't complain about the high prices.

I don't remember "complaining". I just said I bought overpriced primers. I buy overpriced steak, gasoline, and wine all the time. Not buying steak, gasoline, and wine won't change their retail prices. Me shooting has a similar, (i.e. nil) effect on reloading supply prices.

Yes I can because CA has a “ summer” blend that cost more and a almost $.75 tax per gal but I guess because I still drive I have nothing to complain about :-/
Excise tax on primers is fixed.
It is not seasonal.

Why is everyone ignoring the actual quotes that are being debated.

The guy said and it was quoted. I’m not going to stop shooting. Which was then replied to “then don’t complain about the prices” .

Now people are adding things that have nothing to do with the quotes . If one wants to shoot resulting in needing new primers and they are stuck with paying market prices . How is it the shooters fault prices are high . There has been a few threads explaing the lack of components and the resulting prices . None have the reasons discussed been that people are shooting to much therefore needing more primers .

FWIW , I’m not going to stop shooting either and although I don’t need primers now . If when I do the prices are similar to current prices , you better believe I’ll complain about it and not for a second think it’s my fault .

I don't remember "complaining". I just said I bought overpriced primers. I buy overpriced steak, gasoline, and wine all the time. Not buying steak, gasoline, and wine won't change their retail prices. Me shooting has a similar, (i.e. nil) effect on reloading supply prices.

Hopefully the mfgrs will see the sky-high prices I have had to pay for primers and powder on GB and it will motivate them to produce more, for sale at normal prices.

But in any case, I am with you. I don't like feeding the scalpers but I like not shooting much less.

Domestic suppliers are considered essential industries and are producing at full capacity, including overtime shifts, but demand is outstripping that capacity. They are not adding plant capacity, which takes about 18-24 months, typically. in part because they got stuck with added capacity during the sales lull in the three years before the pandemic and partly because the pandemic-related decline in overseas supply sources has only temporarily reduced their normal competition. They are figuring the foreign supplies will return to normal sometime around the end of this year.

Unclenick:
Domestic suppliers are considered essential industries and are producing at full capacity, including overtime shifts, but demand is outstripping that capacity. They are not adding plant capacity, which takes about 18-24 months,

Remington! It's like a whole new company just came online. They were MIA and are now producing.

As far as foreign suppliers, it isn't just shipping, it's also a lot of paperwork. It's more complicated that shipping in other hard goods. You know they started that uptick by last summer, we should start to see foreign supplies uptick showing up by this summer. It's already starting to trickle in now.

Remington was in production from the end of April through much of October last year, then went down and now are back. But the panic buying and shortages started before they temporarily went down, so their addition still won't keep up at this point.

My guess is most of there primers will go to there ammo at first . They will not be helping much for awhile . That said them back on the seen sure can’t hurt .

The time I bought primers was about two months ago at Scheels in Eden Prairie MN.
SPP @$3.49/hundred with 200 limit. Their store is in a Mall that I walked in during the cold weather so I picked up 1000 over the five day period.
That location off and on has had a lot of ammo in a variety of calibers. Two weeks ago they had over 1000 boxes of CCI std. velocity 22lr. @ $9.95/hundred.

Back