Have almost 4000 through the barrel

Bart B
I keep 2 log books , one with the target shot that day the other with date , measurements , weather conditions and cases used , I use 3 different brands of brass HSM , FC and ADI , shoot one brand each week . All trimmed to the same 2.010 each firing , all full sized to the same case headspace .001 or .002 .Same powder charge , same bullet same BTO . I use to measured the height and length of the groups with the caliper but now I just eyeball the group , I'm not competing so I don't have any skin in the game I just like to shoot with friends . I'm old school don't know how to post pictures , I like my flip phone . I'm shooting off a rabbit ear heavy sand bag and a Harris fixed Bi Pod , I use a piece of carpet under the legs , the bench is concrete . No shoulder pressure heavy cheekweld . My left eye is my dominant eye so I shoot left handed with a right hand bolt , my thumb on my shooting hand is pointing forward no pressure . No secrets here just works well for me after plenty of trial and error.

Bart, You did post this "It varies a lot more across hand held rifles and marksmanship skills. The. NBRSA benchrest 100 yard, eight 10-shot group average/aggregate record is .1899 inch; largest single group is larger, probably close to .3000 inch.

Bart, You did post this "It varies a lot more across hand held rifles and marksmanship skills. The. NBRSA benchrest 100 yard, eight 10-shot group average/aggregate record is .1899 inch; largest single group is larger, probably close to .3000 inch.
OK.

Back