Have a bunch of black powder

Or for more fun...

just take it out and SHOOT it. Most bullets will set it off.
A 1-pound can makes a nice "FWUMP" and a big white cloud of smoke. :D

LOL that doesn't sound liek such a good idea unless you are shooting from real long range. I'd be worried about the shrapnel from the can. Interesting about the fertilizer though, I didn't know black powder disolved in water and could be used for that.

Pete,

Unlike nitro powders black powder is a mechanical mixture. There is no chemical bond holding everything together. The charcoal will not disolve in fact it repeals water while the potassium nitrate readily absorbs it and liquifies - thus the mechanical bond is broken.

Nitrate is a basic ingrediant in fertilizer.

ask around and sell it for about 10 bucks a can, it would be a shame to waist it on flower beds with the cost of buying it.
50 pounds Fed law
5 pounds NYS law

LOL that doesn't sound liek such a good idea unless you are shooting from real long range. I'd be worried about the shrapnel from the can.
In my experience, the can just splits at the seam. Black powder is a relatively low-velocity explosive. 100 yards is plenty of range.

LOL that doesn't sound liek such a good idea unless you are shooting from real long range. I'd be worried about the shrapnel from the can. Interesting about the fertilizer though, I didn't know black powder disolved in water and could be used for that.

maybe if you hit it with a tracer round, you'll have a quick flash, if you hit it with a reg round, you'll just have a can of powder with a hole in it.

I shot a can of black powder with a FMJ bullet with my .50BMG rifle. It set it off. A high-velocity bullet doesn't need to be a tracer or incendiary to set off black powder.
Black powder is quite sensitive compared to dynamite or Tannerite.

so why don't you just keep it and shoot it in your gun.... as long as it has been sealed up and not gotten wet i would think it is just as good as the day you got it;)

ocharry

Back