Has Having Guns of Different Calibers Made it Any Easier.......

Having numerious C&R milsurps in calibers that were cheap, and plentiful a few years ago has allowed me a lot of shooting time. I still have several K rounds of 7.62X25 for my TT-33's and CZ52.
Stockpiling commercial ammo has helped, but those stocks are getting low.
I really need to get my reloading bench set up again though. Been out of reloading for a few years, but saving a lot of brass for when I get back to It.

I don't reload (yet- it's on my list of things to get into), but I do own a variety of calibers, and continue to branch off into different areas. Right now, I have .22 short, .32 ACP, .32 Long, 9x19 Mak, 9x19 Luger, and .357 Mag. Between them all, I can generally find something to shoot when I go to the range. It helps that I have a few hundred rounds of 9mm left, since that seems to be what I go through fastest. I am glad of the variety I have, since it gives me different guns for different situations.

It's been good to have a 41 mag in the arsenal. There was a fair amount of ammo for it on the shelves at Sportman's Warehouse, at least in our area. jben

Another option to having guns of different calibers is having one gun that shoots multiple calibers. This Phillips and Rogers Medusa chambers and shoots over 20 different caliber rounds (rimmed and rimless) with bullet diameters in the .355 to .358 range. In my experience, it is as accurate and dependable shooting 9mm (9x18 thru 9x21) as it is shooting the various .38s.

Mark

We are in new country here, and while I think it's great to have large quantities of a few common calibers stored up, it also helps to have a gun capable of shooting whatever ammo is available and sometimes that's the odd stuff that left on the shelves.

I mean what is more common then .22 or 9mm and they are the hardest ones to find right now. It's strange but 40 cal is also popular and more available, locally.
38's and 357's are here and there, same with 45 and 44 caliber stuff.

I was sort of for stream linning, but not anymore. It might come down to finding an odd box of shells and hoping you had something to make them go bang.

And being a reloader, I am looking more at my revolvers, lately, because it's easier to save the spent hulls when I am out and about in the grass on the farm, as I will often loose 50% or more of my brass when shooting an auto.

Back