Harbor Freight sale - stuff for the bench

Honestly, I had a HF 18 volt electric drill. Best drill I ever owned until I dropped it about 12 feet on the concrete driveway. Shattered upon impact.

I let my bud talk me into a Ryobi set - drill, saw, sawzall - with two batteries. Very nice tools but the batteries - NiCad - just sucked. And died within the year. Had to buy a Ryobi string trimmer to get the lithium ion battery (was cheaper to buy the string trimmer on sale with the battery than it was to buy the battery alone. Go figure. I needed the trimmer anyway.)

NOW these are good tools. But I swear, when these give out I'm going back to HF.

Used to go to HF quite a bit, now not so much.
Three things I have/had that were HF tools which actually made a good impression:
Ultrasonic cleaner. This is the $100-ish dollar unit, not the small jewelry cleaner. Big enough to put gun parts into. Used (thrashed) it like a stolen bike for years, just kept taking punishment (spilled water, tumbled off the bench, etc). Someone is probably still using that thing..
Powder Coating system. Just surprised it worked at all. It is/was a super jenky setup that could only be improved upon..but it worked. I gave up after doing some successful powder coating (mostly just covering myself in powder either setting up or putting away).
High flow air hose Quick-Connects. By far and away the best tool/product apples-apples at HF. I use these exclusively on my own air hoses and tools at home.

Back