Handgun storage racks

If you've ever wondered why gun prices are so high, it's cause RG buys them all!!! :eek: Damn, that's a collection.

I do like the idea of a shoe organizer on the door. Seems simple if you can get one durable enough to hold all that weight. I just wish I had that problem. With 2 semi's and 1 revo, storage isn't a problem.

I used the handgun racks by http://www.versatilegunrack.com. I could store 2 maybe 2.5 guns in the area taken up by one 4-gun rack, so it does give you a bit more storage capability in your safe. They also keep the guns separated. You will have to store the junk that comes in the gun box elsewhere, but that doesn't have to be in the safe anyway.

I put ammo and loose stuff in back of the safe, with the racks in front and it works pretty good. Also the racks sit the guns high enough that you can slip a mag or two under the gun ready to go.

They are kind of pricey. I got mine locally about 5-7 bucks off the full retail noted on the site.

They are basically wire covered with vinyl. Look good and keep the guns separated

Try this link. Take a look at the 3-d rendition available at the bottom of the page. You can see everything really well in 3-d.

http://store.shooters.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=325&Product_ID=25137&CATID=112&group=Gun Racks

Jim - Thats pretty cool. Using the letter holders from Office Depot described above does the same thing for half the price, however I think yours are much better constructed. If I had seen yours, I would have purchased them.

If you have something to put peg hooks into, Cabelas sells peg board gun racks, which I use for some of my pistols.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...565&catalogCode=IC&parentId=&parentType=&rid=

i223492sq01.jpg

Legionairre has a good idea. I've seen something similar but it used (and I would reccomend) wooden dowels down the barrels. To do it right, make sure the rod will go all the way to the breechface, so that you have an extra bit of safety against accidently sticking a loaded gun in there (if you don't want a loaded gun in there).

6G

OK, how about this?? Checked the shoe holders, looked a little too lightweight. Found this instead. Still isn't permantly attached, will hang straighter and have a little more room between guns when it is.
I had seen the pegboard racks from Cabellas, but at over $6 each, I'd need about $50 worth for my meger collection!

Attachments

• dcp_1052.jpg
    dcp_1052.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 212
SK,
I've been thinking about some type of rack for my gun locker for a while, but I never thought of that one!
Pretty cool. :D

I picked up the lid racks from the local K-Mart for $2. My pistols fit perfectly in it. Thanks for the great idea.

vertigo7

I cheated, I have a couple of the "tall" .50 cans, cloth on the bottom, a pistol in a man's white cotton sock, I can get 16 1911s per can. A bag of silica gel on the top and all stay dry. The cans fit nicely in the gun safe off to one side and there is still room for the long guns (for now.)

Oh yes, a few of the glue on plastic coat hooks stuck to the back of the safe for those pistols that I can't get into ammo cans.

Back