HA HA .... Thought some here might enjoy this .

Laugh if you want, but I see it as an anti-NRA message.

I've watched the show three or four times. There's another episode in which Shatner's character shoots a man attacking a colleague. It plays out in the same sort of way. Portrayed conservatives as a little eccentric, or maybe a little backward, but it's true we're backward. In a good way.

I think it's carefully planned enough that liberals will think it's an anti-NRA joke, and conservatives will see it as a pro-NRA joke.

Either way it's funny.

I've watched the show three or four times. There's another episode in which Shatner's character shoots a man attacking a colleague. It plays out in the same sort of way. Portrayed conservatives as a little eccentric, or maybe a little backward, but it's true we're backward. In a good way.

I think it's carefully planned enough that liberals will think it's an anti-NRA joke, and conservatives will see it as a pro-NRA joke.

Either way it's funny.

The character has shot like six people.. real guns, blanks, paint guns, etc.

Totally a left leaning show overall, but this particular episode clearly took pains to be balanced. This scene was just being funny. Though I understand that it wouldn't be seen as funny unless you knew the background of the character.

Back