HA HA .... Thought some here might enjoy this .

TimRB

Laugh if you want, but I see it as an anti-NRA message.

Tim

Hmmm ... I don't see that ?

Seems to me it's only a joke and he showed he's a pistol packing supporter of the NRA ?

I could see the anti-NRA side maybe because they made his carry choices look excessive.

I chalk it up to bad writing, not political agenda.

"Seems to me it's only a joke and he showed he's a pistol packing supporter of the NRA ?"

My view is like GPossenti's in that his gun-carrying is quite excessive. I disagree about the writing part, though--I think it's a political agenda.

Tim

Political agenda drives the script on this one, IMO.

Just another shrill, unfunny political attack on the Republicans and gun owners from the Hollywood leftists.

Not quite as shrill as shows like "That's My Bush" or "L'il Bush" but bad enough.

Dang ... I think some of you are over analyzing ... it was FUNNY ... IMO . Period.

If we can't even laugh a little at ourselves ... what have we become ?

Dang ... I think some of you are over analyzing ... it was FUNNY ... IMO . Period.

If we can't even laugh a little at ourselves ... what have we become ?

Sense of humor? Yeah, maybe the writers and producers who inserted this monumentally unfunny crap into their "comedy" show should get one.

It IS possible to have a lefty political slant and still have a funny show. M.A.S.H. is a good example.

Nothing more than typical William Shatner, funny as hell as usual. He'll take on anyone and not bat an eye. Funny, funny funny.

I thought it was funny as hell myself and I think there is too much analyzing going on here. William Shatner was always one of my favorite actors.

That particular episode of Boston Public was very good. Part of the general theme of the show is that two best friends, one is democrat, the other republican discuss things. In general, the democrat (Alan Shore) makes the republican (Denny Crane - seen in this scene above) seem silly (the republican has mad cow / Alzheimer's) though he has never lost a case. This is just how the show leans and I can understand that most on this board wouldn't watch the show.

In this episode, however, or the previous one, the two are pitted against each other in the courtroom. The Alan takes the side of a town wanting to secede from the US, and Denny is outside council for the defense.

The case revolves around the fact that yes, the town knows it doesn't have a chance, but wants the suit to go forward just for the media exposure. The case hinges on the fact that the US has become a country unrecognizable.

The topics covered include habeus corpus / unlawful detainment, torture, spying on citizens, unpopular war, etc.. and the dialog was particularly balanced with the defense showing that over our 200 year history, we are currently doing nothing that hasn't been done before.

The argument is very much the difference between the country we want to have and the country we actually have.

I wouldn't be surprised if this episode received an emmy or something. It spoke more to bridging the gap between the two different perspectives than anything I've seen.

Oh, and for the record, Denny is still undefeated. ;)

Political agenda drives the script on this one, IMO.

Just another shrill, unfunny political attack on the Republicans and gun owners from the Hollywood leftists.

Not quite as shrill as shows like "That's My Bush" or "L'il Bush" but bad enough.

Lighten up, Francis.

I see it as an anti-NRA message.
I don't. On the show Denny Crane is a likeable winner, and now we know he's armed to the teeth and supports the NRA.
Reminded me of when Mad Max unpacks his arsenal in the (incredibly lame) Thunderdome.

Back