H&R Shotgun(s)

H&R Shotgun(s)

h&r single shotguns are handy and simple, no jams, no short strokes. even the newest of gun newbie can use one quickly in a pinch. since they are no longer in production i would keep at least one, as a shooter, not collector. here is my under the bed 20 gauge.

edc96d3bc96d6df916429b9f1c9e3e14.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pardner pump is very well thought of. It is made in China from reports but overall some even consider it as good if not better than the current Remington 870 expresses, at a notably lower price point. Great truck guns.

Yea I have a Stevens 320 (Savage's budget, Chinese-made, Win1300 clone, it runs well provided I do my part). Not too worried about a shotgun for HD, or even clays/hunting as my 320 has both the 18.5" cyl. choke and a 26" bbl with removable choke. I just happened to pick up an H&R break, single-shot, prior to moving.

Jstert, I like that butt pad. Not sure how tall you are, but how is the length of pull on that guy?

If you are hesitant to trade it, hold on to it. It won't go far towards your next purchase and you might just regret it.

I have an NEF pardner single shot. It was my 1st real firearm. It was a Christmas gift when I was 11. It holds sentimental value for that reason and the fact that my son broke his shotgun virginity with it. That aside, it doesn't get used much. I graduated to a pump. But, the simplicity of the break action shotgun brings me a child like joy when I do shoot it. Also, I feel like it's kind of a piece of Americana. A throwback to simpler times. It has a place in the collection.

Back