H&K USP Compact .40 or Smith & Wesson .40

Here's a vote for the SMith and Wesson. I own 3 S&W autos, and all are totally reliable and fairly accurate. I have a 5906 9mm that has almost 4k rounds through it with one malfunction through it, caused by me! I have a 4006 that is the most accurate of the three and is a joy to shoot...the trigger is absolutely fantastic on it! Save some $$ and get a smith and a lot of ammo!

Greg

H&K yes. .40 S&W caliber No! The .40 S&W cartridge is the answer to a question that has not yet been asked. You are right, It is poised between the 9MM and the ,45 ACP. It's heavier than the 9mm to carry and lacks the power of the .45 ACP. Given your girl friend (who I presume is not a shootist)needs to learn to shoot it, go with the 9mm.

H&Ks are Greaaaat pistols for reliability and serviceability. Then after your girl friend learns to shoot or you decide to buy something to shoot with the guys, buy a .45 ACP. Keep the H&K for Mom or sell it. They sell great.

Pigpen

Now let me see here..HK or Smith and Wesson??? Sounds like a no brainer to me..HK all the way. I would have to throw Glock into the mixture tho..:)

Back