H&K P7M8 and others of this design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could hear from some P7M10 owners. I have become a real 40S&W fan(recently bought a Dillon SDB to reload for my USP40C and Glock 23). Is this the next 40 S&W gun I must have??!!??

Mikie,

While I don't own a P7M10, I have been seriously thinking about buying one to just go along side my P7M8... But honestly, I don't think that it looks nearly as streamlined as the M8... The M10 has a much more bulky slide and the gun just doesn't seem to have that same appeal... But on the functional side, the squeeze cocker design is a real feather in the hat... Great trigger feel for all shots, and safety with a round in the chamber. But if you are considering the M10 to carry, then you are probably better off with another gun.. The M10 is pretty hefty, and like I said, the slide is big and bulky... But don't get me wrong, I still like the M10 a lot. Now if I could only get a bigger Christmas bonus... :)

I'm also REALLY stuck on .40

I asked around alot about the P7M10 a while back...one thing remained the same in everyone's responce.

"It's BIG"

I have decided I must see one in person before I shell out $1000
But then again...if you ask my wife she says I already decided I must have one :)

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

i just fired a p7m13. it's the most accurate gun i've every fired. i shot better than my kimber gold match. 3 shots in the x at 25 yds, 5 shots in 2" total group.

how much are these guns?

are they still manufactured?

since i'm not LE, is the p7m8 the same gun?

all i can say is wow!

Ron -

No they are not available to the general public, HK decided not to make a 10 round magazine for them.

I have seen P7M13's in Gun List and at gunshows, for about $1300 dollars new. Magazines are still seen on the gun show circuit, typically around $120.

No the P7M8 is not the same gun. The 8, and 13, refer to the magazine capacity. Otherwise they are identical guns mechanically. P7M8's are still available from HK, as is the P7 PSP. The P7 PSP is the original P7, and differs in that it has the magazine release on the heel of the grip. I have seen both the M8 and the PSP used for $800-900.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

ron i, H&KP7M13s are very available -- used ones that are 95 to 98% run about $900 to $1000 in gun list from Bob Swanson, who is very reliable. P7M10 magazines can be used for practice, and H&K still sell them. Also CTD. Used M13 magazines can be had for about 60 to 75 bucks, and the magazines are built like a tank, like the gun. Been shooting the P7 series of guns since 82, and have never seen a bad magazine. GLV

glv,

thanks for the additional info. i think i'll be starting my h&k collection with one from the p7 series.

ron i

Do some price shopping on the P7. I saw some P7s at a Houston gun show for $850. I think that they were new, but I am not certain.

I purchased a P7 PSP the other day. It is excellent in every way. The pistol's operation is a corrective for what ails the sloppy shooter since it needs a firm grip and proper trigger control to hit the mark. Moreover, you learn quickly to keep your finger off the trigger until your target is covered lest you accidentally discharge. Since I will not be drawn into the 9mmP versus everything else debate, I am fine with the caliber. I am told at my favorite gun shop that one person every two or three years comes in to order a P7. If you are are looking for a well-made European autoloader that will make you a better shooter, I recommend this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back