gunvault minivault problem

Listening to all the problems of the broken wires with gunvaults drove me to the FAS safes shown above. Very nice and mechanical. It seems like a quite reliable design.

Sorry to revive an old thread but my gunvault story has a happy ending. Contacted customer service and gave them my serial number. My gunvault is 9 years old so was not expecting much. To my surprise they issued an RMA and shipped me a new unit along with a prepaid label to return the old unit. The new one uses a 9v battery instead of the 8 AA's the old one did. Very happy customer here!

Mine was terrible when I first got it. It would not open consistently. I called to complain and they asked if I was using a duracel battery like the manual said too, when I said no. They said to go buy an actual Duracel battery, I thought they were nuts.

I went and bought a real Duracel 9volt battery and sure enough it works perfect now and has for about 3 years. I changed the battery this summer for the first time. Ed

I made the huge mistake of buying a Barska biometric safe and will NEVER buy one of those types again. It failed almost immediately after I bought it. Slow access beats no access at all.

Does yours use AA or 9v? I have the old AA version, and I go through batteries every two months....and the second month I have to enter the code twice to open it. At the Houston NRA Meeting, I talked to a GV rep about the problem. He said they knew about it& changed the design to a 9v system. When I asked if the older models could be retrofitted, he said they weren't designing a fix. His advice: "Buy rechargeable batteries."

I haven't bought a GunVault product since.

Those types of safes need to be LOW tech, since High tech fails far too often

I couldn't agree more!

FAS1-TL%2Bwith%2BRMR.jpg

Back