Guns I Tend To Put In My Holsters......

mk70ss

I have had a CCW since 1986. I was a police officer for 21 years, and a firearms instructor for my department for 10 years in handgun, patrol rifle, and shotgun.

I have owned approximately 125 guns over the years and still have 22 handguns, 7 rifles, and 2 shotguns.

I spend a lot of time in the saddle riding the Tennessee back country and I always carry. In my holster, is almost always a .45 Colt SAA Uberti El Patron or a .357 S&W 686 2 1/2 inch revolver. Both are as reliable as a tire iron, accurate, and sufficiently powerful for any task I would encounter. My everyday CCW is, and has been since I bought it a year ago, a Glock 43 9 mm. It's light, slim, and reliable. All the rest of my guns are range toys or some used to dispatch pests on my ranch.

What are your go to, everyday guns?

Our agency issues the M&P 9mm. I carry a Shield off duty. Walking around my land I often carry a 1911, Glock 22 or during deer season a rifle in 6.8 or .308. At night a suppressed 10/22 with a night scope for possum, coons and other predators.

My go to pest elimination tool on the ranch is a scoped Browning BLR .22. Many rodents have bit the dust with this one.

I spend quite a bit of time walking around in the mountains and deserts of southern Idaho, western Wyoming, and northern Utah.

One of my favorite hobbies is leather holster making. I always have to test out what I make.
My trusty Ruger Old Vaquero in .45 LC, 7 1/2inch barrel is often with me. I also carry my dolled up RIA 1911 in 45acp, quite a bit and more and more. I have an .380 Ruger LCP for concealed carry around town, but I tend to carry the 1911 whenever I can.

Right now: S&W shield, glock 19 or S&W M60.

But soon I plan on sending in my Beretta 92 to Wilson Combat for upgrades and then it will take on the EDC role.

I work for an agency that allows you carry whatever you like, within guidelines. I carry a 4" 1911 everyday, on duty and off.

The only exception is deep woods tromping, then it's a 5" 10mm or 6" GP100.

My primary carry is a Wilson Combat all stainless, Protector model in 9mm, full size, 5" gun ...I bought it about 10 yrs ago / shoot it a lot ( around 150,000 Rds thru it now )....and I started carrying it as my primary about a year ago.... / ....arthritis is getting worse last few yrs, so I semi-retired my Wilson Combat CQB model in .45acp, 5", full sized also that I carried for last 15 yrs or so....

But once in a while I will carry a S&W model 19, 66 or even a new 627 model ( 8 shot N frame)...in 2 1/2", 2 5/8" or 4"....just because...

LC9s for daily CCW, and for messing around my Model 627. I like having 8 rounds at my disposal, the versatility of .38-.357 in a variety of loads, and it's one of my best shooting guns. If the occasional need for something heavier I can pack my Model 57 in either 6" or 4" depending on the need.

For everyday carry it's either my .45 Colt Blackhawk (left) or the .44 Special Flat Top Blackhawk (right):

Both of these holsters are by Graveyard Jack Gunleather. For more rigorous carry, where security might be of greater consideration, this home made rig:

Bob Wright

For general purpose carry, it's either my 4" S&W m19-3 or my m36 snubby.

When my handgun is my primary (read sole) hunting implement, what I carry is chambered in things that start with "4".

I ride the back country on the other side of the N.C. Tn. line and I carry a 1911a1 so far this year 1 timber rattler, 1 copperhead and 3 feral dogs

We ride the Smokies and Big SouthFork. So far, two wild hogs, several copperheads, and one drunken -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- with a bad attitude.

Well I have been issued and bought a lot of guns over the years. ..my go to guns are a glock 21 and s&w 66 2.5" barrel. Both are reliable and fun to shoot and cover my needs except for grizzlies here in Alaska . For them I carry a 12 guage Mossberg too with slugs

I have too many, but there are a few that get more use.

Out in the wilds and often in the truck with me is an S&W 627PC, 8 round moon clips, .357mag.

Most everyday CCW is my Glock G26, 9mm, 10+1 rounds, I'm in CA.

I have several S&W J-Frames for light, small carry, contingent on attire.

I'm prolly going to have to find a very compact 380 for speedo carry.

QUOTE: "...What are your go to, everyday guns?..."

Hands down; my trusty Browning Medalist. And the barrel weights help to control repeat shots. :D

Glock 43 (9mm) also.

I used to carry a Ruger LCRx (.38), but only had 5 rounds and thought 9mm a little bit more fire power.

My EDC is a Ruger SR9c. 10+1 of 9 mm with either a 10 or 17 round mag reload most of the time. An LCP gets the call occasionally, or a 4" GP100 in .38/.357 with the LCP when in remote wilderness locations where open carry acceptable.

I'll either have my g26 or my g19 depending on the day and the temp. If it's a dress up occasion I might switch to my s&w 636 on ankle. When I'm in the woods it's my g21.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Depends entirely on what for...

For critters/snakes around the house, Hi-Standard Model B

For two-leg critters, either my EDC's (Star 45 & a S&W CS45), which share mags,
or usually have my G20sf close to hand for Black Bear/Cougar headaches...
and then the mini-safe next to the bed holds a pair of Calico 9mm pistols...
which means we can fight pretty much anyone until reaching the Big Safe,
and break out some rifles :)

Back