Guns I don't shoot

I would lock that Victor in a Ransom rest and fire Federal Champion ammo. That thing was like a rifle. Stacking all rounds right on top of each other.

Several times I considered selling them,

I have lots of great guns that I never shoot for one reason or another. One reason is that I really favor shooting about 4 autos, and of those, I really favor the X-Five over all the others. I still enjoy having them.

Freedom means being able to own as many guns as you want and can afford and not having to ever shoot any of them if you don't want to!

Shoot em . . . then sell em . . . .

My guns safes have a grand total of 22 guns. Half hand guns and half long. If I add in all the guns I've ever owned then sold, the total would be about 45.

My fun-for-the-range guns are the ones that get used for a while and then sold. I buy a gun that looks fun to shoot, shoot it a while then sell so I'll have some $$ to buy another.

My long guns have pretty well settled. I have a handful I use to hunt with, the obligatory AR 15, a touch of history (mosin nagant) and a couple of youth guns both rifle and scatter guns to teach the kids on. At the LGS right now on commission I have a couple 22 semi autos. Don't really need four 22 semi autos.

Handgun wise they kind of fall in to the category of HD guns, CC guns and range guns. It's the range guns that kind of get cycled through. Also at the LGS on commission now is my Beretta 92fs. It's a classic if here ever was one but I don't shoot it much anymore. It's too big for me to carry, and not a hunting gun so . . . And I've got my eye on some other fun things to shoot, but need to raise a little $$$ to get them

Life is good
Prof Young

I have sold or traded 7 guns in the last 10 or 12 years and I don't regret getting rid of any of them. They were all older but nice guns that I got rid of because I had replaced them with a similar gun that I liked better. I knew I was not going to be shooting them and someone else could enjoy them rather than them sitting at my house.

Congrats Aarond!

Sheesh, sounds like we are all about the same age here.

Congrats on your retirement getting close enough to start counting the days Aarond! I'm not quite there yet, but getting closer.

Guns have been finding me lately. In the last two weeks.
Rem 31 Shotgun 30 and full
Hawes JP Sauer SAA clone .357 with a stuck base pin
Tisas .45 Govt. Thanks to Buds my first 1911
Colt 1889 New Army + Navy not a shooter, but nice cosmetic condition. Civilian model.

The plus is the guns above were all short money, so don't have to sleep on the couch.

Selling them would end in nothing but regret!
Trading them in on something new is always an option. I have 4 pistols I am going to drop off at the shop next week on consignment. They only take 10% if you take store credit, that way I keep gun money in the guns and get a new smile.

I have sold or traded 47 so far, there are not any I want back. I have some in the safe I wish I had never bought though.

I have some in the safe I wish I had never bought though.
I hear ya brother..finally was able to sell the 'strawberry' LCP..never really liked that thing..Lost a fair amount of $, since I 'upgraded' it with a recoil spring, grip, mags, etc but..maybe 'she' will like it more than me..

>>Lost a fair amount of $, since I 'upgraded' it with a recoil spring, grip, mags, etc<<

That's the story of my life! :-(

As my salary grew, I sold off my early less expensive firearms for nicer ones - last rifle sold was a boat paddle 270 (bought it at a drug store) replaced with a Nosler 270. I have a Beretta CX Storm Carbine in 45 that sits in the safe but I can’t bring myself to sell it.

I have sold lots of guns over the years and only regret a few. I do have some heirloom guns that don't get shot much like a baby browning. I won't sell it because of its place in my family history but it's not fun to shoot. I also have a Ruger Old Army that I love shooting but takes forever to clean. I almost never have that kind of time.

I have 3 guns I'll never sell, attached to them because they were inherited. One more that is a custom built that I'll never sell. The rest, well they are only tools to me. Trading or selling tools is not a problem.

I don't know that I'd sell those you have. Sounds like they represent a good time in your life (bullseye shooting) and are also semi-rare guns. I say that as someone who thinks it is OK to sell guns that you don't like, or to help you get into something you want more.

I have several I haven't shot in years too. Mine are very different from yours though (not very valuable) and the main reason I don't sell is how little I'd get for them. A S&W 442 (I don't like shooting it, for how often I pocket carry my SIG P290 works fine), a Kel Tec Pf-9 (unreliable, and no fun to shoot), a Ruger LCP (not fun to shoot, non-existent sights- I just got a Hogue grip and a Crimson Trace so it should help both), a 2" Rossi 461 (unreliable, not particularly fun to shoot), and a 3" Rossi 461 (I want to like it, but I don't trust it due to the trouble I had with the 2"). I keep them since they are worth so little, but then again, even if each is only worth $100, that is $100 I don't otherwise have and they could together get me a nice chunk of the way towards the Kimber K6s and SIG P365 which are going to replace those guns.

Easy solution. Plan a range day with just those guns, and follow through on it. Then do it again next month. Again, again, etc, etc.
You don't have to be shooting competitions to enjoy accurate guns.

I don't buy guns with the intention of selling them. But, having said that, if I no longer shoot or need a gun, it is liable to find itself on the free market. The only gun that I've sold and then regretted was my Python.

I only regretted that sale because I wished that I had waited another 4 or 5 years, so that I could've gotten another $2K out of it.

In my case, most of them. Of all the handguns I have sold there are only 2 I haven't missed. Many-my Ortgies .25, my Mauser M1914 and CZ27 are strictly collectibles.

I've got one I'd love to get rid of.
It is a Rem 700 varmint that started out as in .222 Rem. I had it rechambered in .222 Haney, a wildcat that no one has ever heard of except the person that chambered it and me. There is a picture of one on the net somewhere but no info.

VERY tight neck, sharp shoulder (37^) that is blown forward and has to be outside trimmed and it will not fit in a .222 Rem chamber any more.

Has a 1oz trigger, aluminum bedded stock plus I have a bunch of brass ready to be fire formed. It will shoot 1/4" groups all day, and sometimes less than half that with about any 52-55gr bullet and whatever powder you want to stuff in the case that is appropriate.

I think it has a 36X scope on it and I have all the Wilson dies, tools and an arbor press from Sinclair.

Probably forgot a lot since I haven't shot it in 25 years. I have tried to almost give it away but no one wants it since every piece of brass for ammo has to start out as either .222 Rem or .223Rem. It taught me how to really load for accuracy without getting into a full blown BR rifle and it was fun punching small holes at 100-200 yards.

I shot a couple of matches with it and while I came nowhere near 1st place I was far from last.

Just having fun.

I have only traded two guns. Now have 20 handguns and 5 long guns.

Have had a complete shooting shoulder replacement....not from shooting... and now that shoulder hurts at times so do not shoot long guns very much any more.

I traded a S&W 686 + 7 shot 6 inch for a Ruger SR22 and a bunch of 22 LR ammo. Never liked the long barrel on the 686 but I sometimes think I might like to have it back.

I also traded a Sig P938 which had had several problems for a Glock 27 plus some dollars. Had lost faith in the P938 so was and am glad to be rid of it. However I am now having problems with the G27 that I hope to fix soon....not a big Glock fan, but the gun has grown on me so I will get it fixed and shoot the heck out of it.

I also have a GSG 1911-22 that has taken forever to be even remotely reliable shooting and since it is not worth much, I will keep it and at times shoot it.

I try to do a rotation of all 20 handguns to keep them from gathering dust. I just like shooting them to see the variances in my abilities to shoot them as opposed to the specific ones that I actually use in SD types of places and shoot more often..... i.e. vehicles, work sheds, etc.

Do not plan on getting any more guns, just want to get better at shooting in general and with the ones I have. At least I have a handgun range in my back yard and can shoot quite often..... just costs way more than a 40 mile round trip to a range as I shoot a lot of ammo and have a tendency to make up "needs" for another gun.

And, yep, retired for 14 years after getting out of the rat race at 57. Wish I had done it sooner.

Last edited:
I've got 1 I'm thinking about selling,
BUT I've sold a few and, like others, I've regretted selling every 1 of them.

I've passed some onto my son and daughter-in-law.
They are both avid hunters and shooters.
Haven't regretted passing them down to family!

Back