Gunbroker.com ??

I've belonged to GB for three years and have never paid such a fee. Only $ I've ever paid is auction sale fees as a seller.

Because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen to someone else. Do you think everything that happens to other people happens to you? Or do you think that if it never happened to you it never happened to anyone else? I'd just say that to date, you've been a lucky member of GunBroker.

NoSecondBest, I don't believe for one minute that Gunbroker was going to charge you $2 every month. You obviously misread their terms. Here they are straight off their site:

We charge no recurring membership fees. We charge no fees to bidders/buyers who register with a corporate, government or ISP email address. Users of free email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc., will be charged an activation fee of $1.00. Persons whose registration information is flagged as suspicious by our fraud prevention systems may be charged a $2.00 fee to go through a detailed security check.

Not sure if this will add to the discussion, but going to lob this out anyway...

When I was about twenty two, I received a phone call from lawyer representing a lady who aledged that I had taught her to ride a motorcycle and subsequently crashed. She was filing some kind of civil suit against me. I told the lawyer that I didn't have a motorcycle, did not ride a motorcycle, nor had I taught anyone to ride a motorcycle...click....

Five or six years later I was at work on the loading dock at Smith Bros Dairy when I was approached by a police officer.
"Are you Brad Campbell?"
"Yes sir"
"You have been served!"
"With what?"
"This is a restraining order limiting access to your girlfriend"
"But I am married and none of my girlfriends are unhappy with me. I think you need to do a little more police work officer and serve the guy this is intended for. What is the SS number of the guy?"
"Uhmm...."
"Ok see ya later then..."

The moral of the story? There is no moral, but have you ever considered how many guys are running around the country with your same exact name? I wonder how many Brad Campbells have made purchases on GB? Not this one...:eek:

If a high profile company implements measures to minimize liability and exposure to risk by asking for information that makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to play the game. It doesnt mean they are picking on you or asking you to do something others aren't willing to do to verify who they are. Perhaps they are happy to cull a few potential customers to satisfy policies and maybe protect existing customers.

NoSecondBest, I don't believe for one minute that Gunbroker was going to charge you $2 every month. You obviously misread their terms. Here they are straight off their site:

We charge no recurring membership fees. We charge no fees to bidders/buyers who register with a corporate, government or ISP email address. Users of free email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc., will be charged an activation fee of $1.00. Persons whose registration information is flagged as suspicious by our fraud prevention systems may be charged a $2.00 fee to go through a detailed security check.

I don't care if you believe it or not. They locked me out of the site for not paying. They did this three times and kept letting me back in after "getting it straightened out" and the third time I told them to "kiss off". Believe what ever you want. It doesn't matter one whit to me. I'm just telling what happened. Believe it or not, I'm a pretty intelligent and reasonable person and English isn't a second language to me.

I don't care if you believe it or not. They locked me out of the site for not paying. They did this three times and kept letting me back in after "getting it straightened out" and the third time I told them to "kiss off". Believe what ever you want. It doesn't matter one whit to me. I'm just telling what happened. Believe it or not, I'm a pretty intelligent and reasonable person and English isn't a second language to me.

Given your tone and tenor I choose ....... not.

Gunbroker

To all the people that have had luck with gunbroker, good for you. The FACT is there are way too many people that have filed complaints against them (and not just the ones on this forum) for it to be chance. I've never had to post anything bad about anyone until my experience with gunbroker. Oh and by the way, they are still saying I owe them money. Good luck with that :rolleyes:

Back