Gunbits.com--the worst/dangerous gun web site ever?

You see those types of sites set up by hosting companies that buy abandoned/lapsed URLs. I suspect most of the text was written by a bot.

That's my suspicion as well. Companies are using artificial intelligence programs to write copy for websites, and it's become quite convincing.

An old site dedicated to vintage synthesizers had its registration lapse, and somebody grabbed the domain. They publish articles full of technical jargon that's about 90% accurate.

Problem is, the other 10% sounds credible to someone who doesn't know better and it could cause problems.

I reported the to Amazon who didn’t care.

I view them as an employee of Amazon. If I am hurt by that misinformation, I think I have a case….

Tom Servo said:
An old site dedicated to vintage synthesizers had its registration lapse, and somebody grabbed the domain. They publish articles full of technical jargon that's about 90% accurate.

Problem is, the other 10% sounds credible to someone who doesn't know better and it could cause problems.
"98 percent of cops/lawyers/web sites give the rest of them a bad name."

"Those quotes are so full of misinformation it's hard to conceive that the entire site isn't a parody."

Makes me wonder if it was put into place by the anti-gun crowd. With so many newbies with question, that site could very easily cause inexperienced shooter and new gun owner to hurt themselves or someone else. :mad: JMHO.
Paul B.

This is one of those sites designed to show up in search results when someone does a search for something like 'best gun safe for a closet'

The reviews are written by a person, and the links to buy the reviewed product land on their amazon affiliate page.

The rest of the stuff is just garbage meant to fill out the site and make it look like a 'real' gun site.

Back