Gun show vs. gun store prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find gun shows a crap shoot (no pun intended!)I sell all my gun from my shop at absolutly 5% over wholesale whether its a $100 or a $1000. I shop my wholesalers and buy the best. The bottom line is SERVICE when you need it. I use gun shows when Im looking for something very specific. I notice that many dealers sell their low end firearms near cost but make it up and M.S.R.P. the more popular makes and models when at the show. It just keeps it simple and folks know what they can expect if you dont mess around. My prices are constant and it makes it easy for me and good for my customers. Always know what you want to spend and make your dealer work for you. Its our job!

[This message has been edited by TGS (edited November 19, 1999).]

TGS-I wish the gun stores around here did business like you. Some are better than others, and some are just outrageous. One example : there is a shop in town, I saw them at the last gun show. They had all their guns marked down about 10-15% off the normal price, and they were still about 10% higher than most dealers at the show. Now, I realize they need to make a profit, but at least be reasonable. I don't want to pay their entire lease on one gun purchase.

Jerky,
Im feelin kinda stupid. I find no Sig 2340.
I can give you a price on a 239 3.6"br and a 229 3.9" brl, a 226 4.4"brl, and a SigPro 3.9" all in .40s/w but I sure dont know a 2340 or even a 234. Let me know

Lowrider
I'd hate to see the shows go down the tube because there are a lot of folks that treat the shows as a place for shooting commradery (scuse the spelin!). Like the midwest bike swap meets used to be. Sell it cheap - buy it cheap and everyone had a good time. Gun shows arent helping straight up shooters with much of any cause. $$$$ and maybe how to get around the few laws we have to deal with right now. If I dont have a happy customer I dont have a business and thats the bottom line. If the shows maybe policed themselves a little better we could keep the Feds off our backs. Whether its guns or any other item for sale as consumers WE determine who makes it or not. Not the BATF, FairTrade Comission, or any other of the "crats". GETTIN ON MY SOAP BOX, SORRY.

Hals got it right.

[This message has been edited by TGS (edited November 20, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by TGS (edited November 20, 1999).]

Shows are great to see lots of friends
and eat lots of bad but yummy food.

Also you get to see a wide selection.

As far as price - you just have to know
your stuff. Today at a TX show, I could
see $50 variations in the same gun.
Interesting - a local store is running
the same gun for $20 less but they are
a good honest store.