Gun show pretty good today

Just came back from the gun shop....

....With some .32 S&W Long.

Man are they sloppy!

I know a coupla you guys have said it is okay but the difference in chamber diameter and case diameter is scary.

I think I'll just go out and find a revolver that takes .32 Long so I don't have to waste the 28.00 I paid for the ammunition.

Got the gun shop guy looking for the right ammunition for the pistol. Until I get that I suppose I will just have to play with the pistol while I am watching "Defiance" or "The Pianist".

He is also looking for Tokarev. But it appears that the technique of cutting down .223 cases for that is relatively straight forward.

So now it is off to Titan Reloading to get the Tokarev dies and a case conditioning outfit. I'll make the case gage in the shop. Titan don't have one.

Tnx,

Until I get that I suppose I will just have to play with the pistol while I am watching "Defiance" or "The Pianist".
Or "Enemy at the Gates". Watch for the Nagant on the boats, and Tokarevs elsewhere.

So now it is off to Titan Reloading to get the Tokarev dies and a case conditioning outfit. I'll make the case gage in the shop. Titan don't have one.

Do they have neck reamers and reamer dies? If you don't thin the neck walls, they may not chamber. It's a lot of work to do. I would be obsessing about finding every case at the range. Losing some is inevitable.

Last edited:
Noel

They have a selection of case conditioning stuff.

It does include a tool for reaming the neck.

I watched a coupla videos on converting the .223.

In addition to the stuff from Titan/Lee, I am going to need a smaller tubing cutter to shorten the cases. Home Depot

In one of the videos, the craftsman spoke about converting a .38 special case gage to Tokarev length. I can do that but I might look for a smaller diameter gage to start with. Or I might try starting from scratch. I'll probly set up the drill press to size the cases and in one video the star chucked the tool into the drill press rather than the shell holder. He fine sized all of the cases first then went to town with the ream to smooth up the neck.

I called around yesterday and found that Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk, has a dozen boxes of Tokarev at forty bucks for fifty. I'll proly go over there and get a box or two for something to start with. I think it is Privi Partisan.

BTW - Enemy at the Gates is a better choice than either of the ones I mentioned.

Last edited:
Back