Gun sales

I promised myself, after buying 3 new guns last year that I was not going to buy anything in 2017. However, because of prices and no will power, I have bought a AR-15 and a 9mm Semi-automatic so far this year. I gotta stop. My long gun cabinet is full and my gun safe for handguns is full.

Was at the Mesa gun show this weekend. All the dealers were complaining about low sales (but then I suspect they did so at the height of the panic buying, too). More telling: You could see brand name (Ruger, Del-Ton) AR-15's for under $500. Managed to sell about $1K worth of traditional guns that I no longer need, but I really felt sorry for the private sellers trying to sell ARs. Just too many brand new ones for considerably less than they were asking. :eek:

I will note this non-scientific survey from work, and believe there is a "role reversal" to some degree supporting new gun sales. Since the election:
Most of the hillary supporters who didn't have a gun have purchased or are talking about purchasing a handgun or shotgun. (Not getting into their reasons)
Most of the non-hillary group are already gun owners, and are enjoying lower prices.

^^^
This...
Hence NICS checks are still up. Fear is a damn good driver for gun sales. ;)

Back