Gun belts

Over the years, I've used a Beltman, an Aker B21, a DeSantis Econobelt and a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer.

How do you like that wilderness tactical frequent flyer belt? Is it the five stitch? Another gun forum that I go to has a lot of people that swear by that belt. I don’t know what is so great about it but instead of taking their advice, I ended up buying the Kore essentials click gun belt and before that, I bought a Vollünd gear Works belt that I really can’t wear either when I’m on the job this truck sitting down all day because no matter what belt I try, I have to have them so tight to hold my pants and everything up that it gets to be where it’s uncomfortable by the end of the day which is why I have resorted to just pocket carry and why I use one of those lizard tail rope belts because even though it still causes a little bit of uncomfortableness, it’s the smallest out of everything that I’ve tried that causes me the less discomfort.

I’d really like to try that wilderness frequent flyer belt like so many people have recommended but I just don’t see how it’s going to be any different from any other belt I’ve tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch or Blue Alpha Gear - Low Profile EDC Belt.

I see there’s another recommendation for that wilderness frequent flyer belt… What makes this belt so great that so many people recommend it? As stated earlier, I have a what I consider a nice belt which is the Volund gearworks belt that has the G hook buckle on it that is very small profile but the problem I ran into with it was that since I have to make the belt so tight to hold everything up that it becomes very uncomfortable at that point if you’re seated all day. That’s why I’ve just been so hesitant to try that wilderness five stitch because I just really don’t see it to be any different and I’ve already got two gun belts that I can only use when I’m not sitting down all day.

I see there’s another recommendation for that wilderness frequent flyer belt… What makes this belt so great that so many people recommend it? As stated earlier, I have a what I consider a nice belt which is the Volund gearworks belt that has the G hook buckle on it that is very small profile but the problem I ran into with it was that since I have to make the belt so tight to hold everything up that it becomes very uncomfortable at that point if you’re seated all day. That’s why I’ve just been so hesitant to try that wilderness five stitch because I just really don’t see it to be any different and I’ve already got two gun belts that I can only use when I’m not sitting down all day.

I have no experience with the Volund belt you mentioned, so I can't comment on how it compares. I have been using Wilderness Instructor belts (original instructor belt) for almost 15 years now. I have one for EDC, one for outdoors stuff (hiking, camping, etc.) and one for competition use, and just cannot seem to wear them out. For about $50 they are extremely durable, with superb functionality of being able to quickly and easily adjust, which is why they are so popular.

I have no experience with the Volund belt you mentioned, so I can't comment on how it compares. I have been using Wilderness Instructor belts (original instructor belt) for almost 15 years now. I have one for EDC, one for outdoors stuff (hiking, camping, etc.) and one for competition use, and just cannot seem to wear them out. For about $50 they are extremely durable, with superb functionality of being able to quickly and easily adjust, which is why they are so popular.

I wasn’t necessarily looking for comparison, I was just curious why that belt was so popular. Being that I’ve never seen one of those wilderness belts before, I can only assume that it’s probably pretty close to the same woven nylon construction as my Volund belt with the difference being in the buckle which, is pretty quickly adjustable as well. It’s made to where you can quickly loosen it or just grab the strap and tighten it.

Back