guilty by association, sharing tags....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in my first post.....group hunting is only allowed for the regular gun deer seasons. It does not allow it for archery, wild turkey, small game or waterfowl. In those scenarios, each hunter is responsible for their own daily bag limit or tag. Exceeding it, is poaching and is prosecuted as such. Now.....in a case of an accidental shooting(as in hitting and killing two turkeys with one shot and only having one tag), if a warden is called and there is a member of the party there with a unfilled tag.....generally they will let that person tag it. But that usually is up to the discretion of the warden.

As I said in my first post.....group hunting is only allowed for the regular gun deer seasons.

Your state is not really relevant. Comments about it being illegal and immoral apply to the OP's state. Other states have different laws, and no relevance, to the Ops question.

Ok so I dug up more in the regs that pretty much answers my original question.

Quote:
HUNTING PROHIBITED
No Person Shall:
■ Hunt with a centerfire or muzzleloading rifle without a valid unused deer or
elk tag for that time period and area on
their person....

So my guess is if you partner up with someone from your party that's already filled their tag (or simply doesn't have one) then you could be guilty of 'assisting'...

I think I just wrapped up my query on being guilty by association.
...and...

Any person who counsels, aids or
assists in any violation of the wildlife
laws, or shares in any of the proceeds
of such violation by receiving or
possessing any wildlife, shall incur the
penalties provided for the person guilty
of such violation.

...sounds like you found a very straight forward answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back