Guess what kind of review the HS-2000 got in "Law & Order" Magazine?

Kevin,

THe extractor problem turned out to be an ammo problem. Intrac even tested my pistol that I had sent back and couldn't find any problems. It just doesn't like Winchester USA and Remington UMC ammo.

Ive fired 400 rds of winchester bulk ammo from wally world,and at least 100 rds of remington umc,both with no problems at all.In fact,with 667 rds fired through my HS 2000,all ammo has performed excellent,not bad for a $300.00 pistol.HS2000 gen 1.

Radio44,

A lot of guns don't like UMC ammo, and the Winchester was primarily the 100 round bulk packs they were selling at Wal Mart. The better Winchester and Remington ammo work just fine.

HS-2000 fans don't read...

or at least take it with a chunk of salt,

Reliability aside (I know it's a big thing to overlook), I think that the HS-2000 is one of the goofiest looking guns on the market. Please don't take offense at that; I'm not attacking anyone personally. I just think it tried SO HARD to look like a Glock with the trigger, color, thumb indents, checkering, and square trigger-guard. Then to top it off, put some Sig switches and "Sigged out" the front of the slide and then called it an "Original." Sorry guys :( Just my opinion.

Somebody wanted a picture:
HS2000.jpg

I'm truely surprised at the following this thing has garnered. With that said, I'm glad it's reliable, but I'll have to really shoot he heck out of one before it could ever grow on me.

Still friends? ;)
Ben

If anyone here with one is going to our Georgia TFL Shoot this Saturday, bring it. I'd at least like to see what all the hype's about.

[Edited by Ben on 04-13-2001 at 02:47 PM]

Duh, am I the only person who hasn't heard of a HS-2000 until about 5 minutes ago? Is there a place where I can find some background infor on the gun or manufacturer?

Gee NYPD had Federal, Remington, and Winchester ammo problems w their Beretta 92s, Glocks and MP5s; those guns must be junk?

I just traded a G22 w extra G31 bbl and 2 hicaps for not one but _two_ HS2K pistols w 4 extra mags. So there!

When the 40/357 comes out, I might trade my two G17s in on them.

I will break down and pay cash for the 45 next year. :)

My HS is a great pistol regardless of cost. But I have large hands, and it doesn't fill my hand. Consequently I have to work it into my hand to make sure I engage the grip safety.

As for looks, my gunsmith likes it, and everyone I show it to likes it. But nothing beats a CZ in the polished blue finish.

Tony

Ben,
Where did you find that picture? It looks like someone resized the photo, and didn't lock the proportions. Of course that makes the gun look goofy. Here's a photo of mine, and next to my P-99, it's one of the sexiest guns I own.

Personally, I feel this pistol is much closer to the Walther P-99, USP & Sig Pro, than it is to the Glock. This pistol is worth every bit of $500, and is a steal at the $275.00 I paid. I am thrilled with mine, and can't wait for the .40, .357 Sig and .45 ACP versions. Next to the Mak, this is the most underrated, and underpriced pistol out there. Grab them before the price goes up.

View

[Edited by Gusgus on 05-03-2001 at 06:57 AM]

Am I dreaming, or did I hear someone mention somthing about a compact model coming out? With the magazine ban this would be even better.

Der Grosse,

...I am disturbed by the suggestion that helping the "brave" Croatians and their economy is a good thing. Just so the historical record is clear, Croatia was allied with Hitler's Germany during World War II and actively participated in the slaughtering of Gypsies, Jews and Serbians. It is also the case that the Croatians are guilty of almost as many war crimes as the Serbians.

If you wants to have full information about the Croatia in World War II, then beside that that "Croatia was allied with Hitler's Germany during World War" you can check and you will find that in Croatia was the biggiest free territory from Nacy regime in Europe and that Croatian partisans were make the lot of lost to Hitler Germany. Also if you didn't know, Tito, leader of Yugoslav partisans was also Croat. That lights all Croatia in WW2 in different light, isn't it.
For You and for the others you should know that former Yugoslavia (and Croatia was part of it), was NEWER part of Eastern Block, so You can not talk about Croatia and think about Russia.
Maybe this will be interesting for You: Did you know that NJikola Tesla goes to high school near the place where today is manufactured HS 2000. Did you know that TORPEDO was invented by Croat with the same name. This is about tehnicall schills of Croat.There is lot of simmilar things, but this is not place where we can discuss about.
Regarding the HS 2000, situation is simple: If this "peace of Eastern technology worth, it will find the place in the market. If it is not, then forgot it." Time will shows. He, He,He..
I apologize in advance if somebody consider this post offensive. This was not my intention.

well i've put close to a thousand rounds through my hs2k with minimal problems, it's very accurate, sometime to accurate for my shootin but none the less very accurate. the guys at gun test imho had thier head up thier buts when did these tests, one thing i did like is that they put this 300 dollar gun in the catagory inwhich it should be, every other gun in that test were twice as much as this gun. has anybody handled the walther p99qa and noticed the odd placement of the decocker the gun felt nice but i couldn't see paying 300 or so more dollars for it, not to mention the trigger on it felt weird

Hey Stilberg

Great post. Next time you stop in at HS200talk, bring some more History with you. Always enjoy the information you can bring. Thanks.

Back