Gripping Technique

stance

I agree with Willie I like the weaver stance, to me it is more natural. Practice, practice... practice what's comfortable for you. ....PRESENTATION I feel is probably the most important part, if the weapon is not presented "right" especially in defensive situation.. You might be in for trouble. I've read many articles in gun\ outdoor magazines, where the writers were never in a life\death situation... And Had To Draw their weapon!! PRACTICE DRAW & STANCE and the rest comes "naturally".

Artillery King Of The Battlefield

Excellent video Photon Guy. He did a good job explaining the "why" factor that new shooters need to hear. He presents the same way I teach my beginner basic pistol courses and I'm going to use the video to reinforce my teaching. No way I'd show the Jerry Miculek video to new shooters, with all due respect, of course.

Competition shooting is one thing, shooting in a tactical or self defense situation is a whole different ballgame. Not that I don't think this gripping technique wouldn't be a good way to shoot in both competition and tactical situations but just because a technique works well in competition doesn't mean it will work well in self defense. Just pointing that out.

I don't understand the point. Whether shooting competition where speed and accuracy from a concealed holstered weapon is measured or doing the same in a self-defense situation the technique is the same. There certainly can be situations where a two-handed grip may not be possible in self-defense, but learning the grip used by world class shooters and every self-defense instructor I am aware of, only makes sense. I still haven't quite got it to the point where it's automatic, but my accuracy when shooting fast has improved since I've committed to mastering this technique.

Back